7. Connection

I could see a shadow move along with the flickering light, partnered with light footsteps, and my heart began to race

I could see a shadow move along with the flickering light, partnered with light footsteps, and my heart began to race. The door slowly creaked open and I saw Levi's face looking back at me. Warm candlelight danced along his face, softly illuminating his features.

We stared at each other for a few moments before he opened the door further, stepping aside to let me in, not breaking our gaze.

Accepting his invitation, I slowly walked in, never taking my eyes from him, closing the door behind me.

---

His steel eyes were mesmerizing as he stared at me. I took in everything I could to savor this moment. My eyes looked down to his lips, then back to his eyes.

Without hesitation, I caressed his cheeks with my hands, pulling his face to mine. Electricity shot through me as our lips met for the first time, melting together. His arm snaked around my waist, pulling me closer as we kissed. Soon, we were tangled with lust and longing. My breath quickened as our kiss deepened, tasting each other, our mouths separating for mere fractions of a second before reconnecting for more.

Desire filled us, wasting no time to take off our layers. I lifted his shirt from his abdomen, revealing his muscular figure. He broke our kiss briefly to remove his shirt completely. I took a couple of deep, quick breaths and my eyes quickly glazed over him, admiring his body, before grabbing his shoulders to reconnect our mouths. His hands grazed up my sides under my shirt, leaving goosebumps along their trail. He dragged his lower lip along my jawline and up to my ear, letting out quiet growls of hunger amongst heavy breaths. His hands against my bare skin were almost too much. I obliged, removing my shirt hastily, not wanting to be without his contact for more than a second.

My pants fell down to the floor as I walked backwards with his guidance, kicking them to the side. He gingerly guided me down onto the bed, climbing on top of me. He left soft kisses along my jaw from my ear back to my lips. My fingers slowly traced down the muscles on his back to the hem of his pants, slowly peeling them down as far as my reach would allow. His hand caressed the back of my neck, gently holding my head close to him as our tongues danced together while the other worked its way to remove his pants, careful not to disturb our kiss.

My heart was pounding in my chest. I could feel my pulse in my ears. I had been vulnerable with him before, but not like this. I wanted to open myself completely to him and here I was, completely naked under him, hiding absolutely nothing. We slowly entered our own world, free from grief and sorrow.

He lowered himself more onto me, resting on his elbows on either side of my head. Strands of his jet black hair tickled my forehead as he hovered above me. He left tender kisses on my cheek, then to my neck. A sigh of pleasure escaped me, wrapping my arms around him, holding him close. My thighs grazed his hips as my body ached to feel more of him. I quickly became addicted to his touch.