Wait.. I'm having a Brainstorm..

It took about 14 minutes to escape from the fan crowd.. by then Ben looked like he was in good need of a cool pillow and a nice long drink of sparkling cider..

"You know what? Why don't we just go directly to the hotel?" Touma suggested. "I mean.. if our Tour Guide ditched us, then so what? We can still manage this trip.. right?"

"Yep." said Ben holding a thumbs up, even though his hair was disheveled, his eyes were in a daze, and he was leaning on Mikoto for support.

"Jeez, I didn't think he was THAT popular in Venice." Mikoto said. "I mean really, how many times has this happened in Academy City?"

"In Academy City, nearly everbody has special powers, so as odd as Ben is, he really isn't that much of a novelty." said Touma. "Index, do you have the map? We need to find the hotel.... Index? Index?"

Mikoto Ben and Touma stopped in their tracks.. and looked around the beautiful cobblestoned city full of waterways and gondolas... a town, that seemed to have swallowed up one hungry troublesome nun.

"Oh crap NO!!!!" Touma exclaimed. "Such Misfortune!!!! Damn!! Where could she have gone!!?"

"It's okay!!" said Ben, shaking his head and coming out of his daze. "I'll just sniff her out as Wildmutt.."

"NO!" said Mikoto. "You go alien here, and you'll get ever girl in this entire city's attention!! You are not going to get torn to pieces over this! We can find that sister right? I mean... I mean...all we need to do is find food, and we'll find her!"

"Actually, that's not a bad idea." said Touma. "How many restaurants are in Chioggia?"

"Er..." Ben said looking at the map. "You want that categorized into cafes or pretty much everything..? Cause we'll be searching for like.. ever..."

"Alright.. let's retrace our steps from when we got off the cab." said Mikoto. "Ben, you go look at the cafes.. Touma can go look at the restaurants.. and I think I saw a few food stands on our way, I'll look there.. we'll meet back at this spot if one of us finds her.. and Ben.. NO GOING ALIEN, I hate it when I have to put up with competetion..."

"Like any of them could compete with you." Ben said.

Mikoto blushed crimson at that remark. "Er.. y-yeah.. let's go.."

After about 30 minutes of searching, Ben's hand was itching to touch the Omnitrix and just get the search over with.. It made him realize that he was in some cases, quite overdependent on the Omnitrix. True, he was good in a street fight like Touma, and not to brag, but people had called him resourceful before. But, yes.. he was a bit overdependent on the Omnitrix...

In the past, this probably would've been more of a problem when the Omnitrix was actually removable.. but now that it was fused to his spine.. Ben had gotten more used to it as something that was as much a part of him as his own arm.

Ben sighed as he turned into a narrow street.. he had long found out that many of the streets of this town were narrow.. not to mention pretty beautiful.. but his concentration on finding Index was currently destracting him from that beauty.

Ben was just considering calling Mikoto and Touma for suggestions when suddenly, his head rang with a screaching noise.. Ben fell to his knees, groaning as a vision took him.. he saw a beach and a familiar silver haired girl in green and black clothing....

The Omnitrix Entity turned to look at Ben.. "Behind you."

As the vision ended, Ben turned to look over his shoulder.. and saw what looked like a girl dressed in a very short hemmed black nun's outfit with a large mask-like scarf wrapped around her lower face, revealing only her eyes.