Fear the Clown

The pope sighed as he beheld the message on the paper he held in his hand. A final report from Biago before his 'disappearance'. Ben Tennyson, as a final order by that bishop, was to be killed at all costs. He was now regarded as the greatest threat to the Catholic regime since Imagine Breaker.

But that would mean using Zombozo as Fiamma wished. And the pope wasn't about to allow that to happen.

According to the report, Ben Tennyson was currently using an alien form of colossal size to fight the Highbreed weapon that was now targeting Venice.

Venice's destruction had been planned previously, so the Pope wasn't too broken up about that. They had sailed under the eye of the church for far too long. However, if Tennyson defeated the weapon, and both Academy City and Venice survived, that would mean a whole lot of sacrifices for nothing. And that meant Tennyson would have to be dealt with in the future..

And he had several more agents he trusted more..

The pope turned to look at the girl who walking with him. She wore a strange form fitting nun's outfit. The yellow design, and the belt designed to look like a crown of thorns, was meant to immitate the state of the Son of God's crucifixion. There were peircings lining her face... and a silver crucifx dangling from a very thin chain trailing from her tongue.

Vento of the Front smiled at the Pope. "You do know Fiamma has more authority over me then you right?"

"I know.." said the Pope. "But I also know that he won't discriminate to me sending you for the Academy City invasion project... after all he was sending you for that task to begin with."

Vento chuckled. "You've got me there. So... I'm guessing there's a side project you want me to take care of while I'm there."

"Yes... Ben Tennyson has left too many doubts in my mind.. and now.. he is officially an enemy of the church, I would like to put that enemy to rest."

"Very well." said Vento. "I've heard this kid was good, and a heathen like that will make it all the more fun to kill him.. By the way.. What do you intend to do about that weird clown that turned up?"

"I will not hire such a monstrosity." said the pope. "That is why you must be the one to destroy Tennyson."

Vento frowned.

"What's the problem?" The pope asked.

"That Zombozo guy has already headed out to Venice." said Vento. "He did so right after he heard about Biago's failure.."

The Pope's expression became that of fear. "No... this... NO!!!"

________________________

Mikoto shivered as the emergency worker put a blanket around her shoulders.

Blukic and Driba... being rather stupid for Galvans, had inadverdantly dropped them right back in the ocean too far from the shore.. unfortunately, they couldn't go back in to pick them up, because a human helicopter was nearing the place.

Luckily, it was an emergency helicopter, which was in the area after crazed rumors of two giant sea monsters fighting in the sea nearby.

Most of the Amakusa were extremely athletic, and they were able to swim to shore without being noticed. Mikoto was also athletic, but after spending so much time in the water, she started to gain hypothermia.

So Touma, Index, Mikoto, and Itsuwa were the ones picked up by the helicopter, along with Karin, who happened to be a terrible swimmer, even though she could, Orsola and Aiko.

They were at shore now, being given hot chocolate and warm towels as some confused emergency workers asked about their injuries

Orsola, being the one who spoke Italian, made up an excuse for everyone while Mikoto, still shivering, looked at a satellite television that was on in the emergency vehicle.