Chapter 9 - To Attack or Not To Attack

"It's only a matter of time," said Peter.
He was standing in the middle of the Stone Table room, everyone else around him listening seriously. Lucy sat on the Stone Table, leaning on her hands for support, while Y/N and Edmund sat together at the base of one of the ruined pillars. Susan was sitting against the opposite pillar.
"Miraz's men and war machines are on their way," Peter paused, "That means those same men aren't protecting his castle."

"What do you propose we do, Your Majesty?" the mouse, whose name was Reepicheep, asked.
"We need to get ready for-" started Peter, but Caspian cut him off.
"To start planning for..." Caspian faded out and backed off once he caught sight of Peter's glare.
"Our only hope," Peter continued, "is to strike them before they strike us."
"But that's crazy. No one has ever taken that castle," interrupted Caspian once again.

"There's always a first time," said Peter, stepping forward.
"We'll have the element of surprise," Trumpkin agreed.
"But we have the advantage here!" argued Caspian.
"If we dig in," Susan pitched in, "we could probably hold them off indefinitely."
A hurt expression washed over Peter's face.
"I, for one, feel safer underground," said Trufflehunter.

"Look, I appreciate what you've done here," said Peter, "But this isn't a fortress. It's a tomb."
"Yes," said Edmund, "And if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out."
"We could collect nuts," suggested a squirrel.
"Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines! Shut up!" said Reepicheep sarcastically, making Y/N giggle.
"I think you know where I stand, Sire," Reepicheep continued.
Peter silently acknowledged him, before turning to Glenstorm, "If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"
Glenstorm turned to Caspian, and then back to Peter, reluctance in his eyes, "Or die trying, my liege."

Y/N was listening quietly to all of this, and she wasn't quite sure which side to agree with. Everybody had come up with equally good points. But at the last statement, Y/N looked at Lucy and knew they were thinking the same thing.
"That's what I'm worried about," said Y/N.
"Sorry?" said Peter, looking at her.
Y/N couldn't bare to look him directly in the eyes, so she turned to Lucy and nodded for her to explain.
"Well, you're all acting like there's only two options," said Lucy, "Dying here, or dying there."
"I'm not sure you've really been listening, you two," said Peter.
"No, you're not listening," said Lucy in a tone that scared everyone in that room who knew her well, "Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?"

Edmund shivered at the mention of her name. And so did Y/N. 
She lay her head on Edmund's shoulder, as Peter said, "I think we've waited for Aslan long enough."
With that, Peter left the room, not looking at anybody. Y/N's eyes followed him. She was worried. Very worried.