chapter eight P4

ANUSHIYA SMITH

He said something in Adam's ears. When he pouted I couldn't say "No" for that cute little kind face. So I accepted to learn with him. But when Arjun told me to wear a swimsuit, I was shocked because I didn't wear swimsuits before and even my amma and appa would never allow me to wear such dresses which will show our bare skins even inside our room. I was born and raised into an Indian cultured family. I told him that I don't have swimsuits as an excuse but he called out Alice who dragged me into our room and gave me a shopping bag and gave me an appreciative look.

When I didn't give any smile or even an awkward smile in return, she said, "This is also one of the dres' codes. It's just a swimming suit." She said. I know this was just a swimsuit.

"I can't wear this. This dress was totally against our culture. Before you say, yes this is the 21st century and this is who I am. I don't change myself especially my culture for anyone. Anyone! I'm not going out there." I groused because I was frustrated.

"I hear you. Yes, you should not wear this unless you're comfortable wearing this," she said nodding at me.

I gave her a tight hug before making my way towards the pool. All their gazes were on me. Adam clapped and said something in his uncle's ears as he nods. I was wearing a swimsuit but quite what he gave me. Yes, I borrowed Alice's swimsuit which was covering my whole body. She said this was her sports suit. And she said me to keep it. How kind of her. Adam told me to jump and his uncle will catch me. He was kidding. So I took the stairs. While descending the stairs I lost my balance on my third step and felt that I was falling into the water and going to die so I closed my eyes, only blindness. But that was before when the iron rod monster caught me in his arms.

"You're always safe in my arms, darling." I opened my eyes as the same sarcastic voice filled my ears.

"You'd rather leave me to fall." I dared him.

"Your wish," He said and let go of his hold on me and let me fall. My hair was all wet when I got back my balance in the water. He smirked at me.

I groaned.

He was such a jerk, I thought.

On the one hand, he was teaching Adam. On the other hand, I was standing at the end of the pool near the stairs and standing with balance as my feet were dancing and my hands were splashing. "Uncle Arjun, how am I doing?"

"You're doing just fine, young man." He said.

He giggled as beating his legs faster.

"Yes, like that." He said to Adam. "I'll be back in a minute, okay?"

He swims towards me. Did I turn around to hide my nervousness and shyness? I don't know. Whenever he came towards me I couldn't meet his eyes most of the time, I just turned around or stare at the floor.

"Hey, I'm doing my deal. What about yours? Will you come with me? To the party," He asked with his rough and husky all in one voice. Why his voices have that seducing tone?

"I'll think about that," I said. "When's this party?"

"Tomorrow," he snapped.

"Tomorrow? But under one condition," I snapped back.

"And why is that?"

"I have two questions and you've to answer them first." He gave me that dramatic look. "What did you say in Adam's ears? Second, what were the reporters trying to say the other day and why did you drag me away from there?" When I saw his angry face I gave him choice. "You can also answer any one of those five marks."

"First, I told Adam that I'll buy him the latest model of his play station if he makes you... you know what'd have I said." Yes, I knew. If Adam makes me come swimming with him he'll get his new play station.

"You don't need to say the second. I can wait." I said trying to smile at him as I turned to see his face.

"Okay,"

     "And your deal is not for only today. You've to teach him every Saturday and Sunday or even whenever you're free." I said. "I'm... coming... party with... you." I blushed.