chapter eleven | 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒛𝒆

The Glade. The box. The maze. Newt. Minho. Hank. Chuck. Red lights. Blue lights. Scanners. Millions of things passed by your eyes. Washed out memories and blurry emotions which unfolded in your chest, everything seemed to stand still but at the same time passed by with the speed of light. It was impossible to concentrate on just one thing, everything seemed to spin around. You tried to catch a clear thought or a plain glance on what was in front of you, but you were unable to. You felt scared and disoriented - What was going on?

Suddenly you found yourself in a long corridor with flickering lights

Suddenly you found yourself in a long corridor with flickering lights. You turned your head and looked around, only to find the long halls you were standing in, illuminated by dim lights at the ceiling. You took a step forward and slowly began to make your way to what seemed like the end of the hallway, but with each step you took the corridor seemed to grow longer.

Your steps and breath were echoing through the hollow halls. You sped up your pace until you eventually ran along the hallway. You were desperate to reach the end of the endless hallway, but with each step you took it only grew longer.

Tears began to develop in the corner in your eyes, but you tried to ignore it and continued to run. After some time you were out of breath and allowed your back to lean on one of the walls to both of your sides. You slid down the wall until you met the ground and sat down, you began to cry. It was hard to catch your breath and you let your tears fall without any restraint. It felt like you were in the box of the Glade again, unknowing where you were heading and if you would even survive.

"Y/n" you heard a voice echo through the long halls and you looked up. But even though you turned your head in both directions of the hallway you weren't able to see the person the voice belonged to. Somehow the voice felt oddly familiar and you began to stand up, "Where are you?" you asked the unknown person. In a normal situation you would have certainly asked 'Who are you?', but somehow you didn't feel the need to and this was indeed not a normal situation.

All of the sudden you saw a shadow appear on one of the ends of the hallway. You tilted your head and slowly walked towards the person, the corridor had stopped to grow and allowed you to proceed walking to your destination. "Y/n" the person once again said and it hit you. You were in the Glade because of this person! You didn't know how you remembered this fact or what exactly triggered this thought but you were certain that it was true, even though you couldn't remember who this person was. "Who are you?" you finally asked and walked further towards the shadow, "I know you, but I can't remember" you confessed.

The person kept quiet. The sound of the silence made you uncomfortable, the only thing which was hearable were your steps, breath and heartbeat as you continued walking towards the shadow. It didn't move nor did it call your name again. As you were about to see who the person was there was another voice. "Wake up" it called you. "Y/n wake up" you turned around to the other direction of the corridor in order to see where the other voice was coming from, but the hall was empty. As you turned back towards the position where the shadow of the person was standing, you realized it also was gone. The lights turned out.