breeze, trees, and a couple at ease (Spencer Reid)

Summary: a walk in the park + a convo with reader makes Spencer a happy, happy man

Gene: fluff fluff fluff

WARNINGS: cursing

Word count: 0.6k

With the breeze, trees, and sounds of kids screaming, the park really had it all. A walk in the park may seem overrated to some, but it really was just what you needed, to get away with how chaotic your life was at the moment.  Everyone comes to a singular place to relax, play and talk. You don't think about it much, but it really is a magical place. So that's why a walk in the park was on the agenda for that week's date night.

Yours and Spencer's hands were swinging between the two of you. There was a peaceful vibe to the air, and you could feel Spencer's thumb softly rubbing your hand. You looked up at him to see the pure beauty that is Dr. Spencer Reid. The park breeze blew his hair astray, and it couldn't look any better to you.

The light conversation seemed to fit the occasion well. You and Spencer talked about anything and everything. Just talking about random stuff, and even some job talk, regardless of how much Spencer wanted to "protect" you from that kind of violent talk.

So, while maintaining a decent walking pace, Spencer told you about his most recent case. Only partially listening to him, you scanned the surroundings of the park. You smiled at the sight of the sunlight peeking out of the trees, and the squirrels running away from the dog chasing them. Hearing the pouring of the water fountain as you passed it calmed you down, as the sound of running water always had, and you laughed when you saw a little kid try and grab some of the coins at the bottom.

As you passed in old elderly couple, you gave Spencer's hand an extra squeeze, and when he reached a good stopping point in his mini ramble about the case, you looked up at him and whispered, "I love you so much"

"I love you so much too, and not that I mind, but where did that come from?" Spencer said as he let out a small giggle.

As you were about to reply to him, you saw a bench a couple of feet away from you, out of the corner of your eye. "C'mon, let's sit down on this bench."

Settling down on the bench, Spencer puts his arm around you and you rest your head on his shoulder. "I saw this elderly couple, and they were being all old and cute. I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I love you and want to grow old with you, and become just like them..."

Spencer practically melted at your words. "I wanna grow old with you too"

For Spencer, his love life was always very choppy, or so you could say. Sure, he had many a prospect for love, but so many times, they were short-lived. From the promise of a date and getting ghosted to giving his number out and never getting a text, Spencer never really had let himself go as far as to imagine a future with someone. It felt pointless to him, to get his hopes up, for them to just leave him on read. Or for him to think about them all dressed up for their wedding, for them to have an "emergency" during the middle of the date. Too much disappointment put him walking on eggshells. 

So, holy shit, did it feel good to hear you say that to him (not that he'd ever use those words). Looking at you with his precious lovey-dovey eyes, he smiled. A genuine, happy, smile, cause what else could he need?