a change of plans (Aaron Hotchner)

Summary: You and Aaron Hotchner were having a movie night, but when Jack gets sick at a sleepover, you have to have a change of plans

Word count: 1k

WARNINGS: none

Genre: fluff

This Friday night was movie night. Aaron had the night off (for once), and Jack was at a sleepover. It was finally the two of you together, a big bowl of popcorn and whatever old movie Aaron had picked. You were so ready for a long night of snuggles, and just spending time with your amazing boyfriend.

Aaron Hotchner was a great boyfriend, despite his work, and how much time it took out of your relationship. You two made it work, because of nights like tonight. Yeah, when Aaron had to leave for a case in the middle of a date, it was hard, but you loved him and you both were determined to make it work, and it was so far. You both were happy.

In the middle of your reminiscing, you heard a knock on the door. "Hey! Y/n, baby. I'm here!" Aaron called, through the mahogany door.

"And I brought snacks too!" he said as you began to open the door for him.

You greeted him with a smile and gave him a kiss as he got settled into your apartment.

"Sooooo, what movie did you bring?" you asked him as you both sat down on the couch.

"I brought Grease!" he said with a smile on his face, waving the DVD around.

"Okayyy! Good choice," you teased him. "Why don't you set the movie up while I make the popcorn"

"Yeah sure" you heard him say, as you were already halfway across the living room.

You skipped into the kitchen area, in a good mood now that Aaron was there while ripping the popcorn packaging open. You opened the microwave door, popped the bag in, and set the timer for three minutes. You then hopped up onto the counter and sat on it, on your phone, waiting for the popcorn was done.

Walking back into the living room, with the freshly made snack in your hand, you saw Aaron quietly singing along with the beginning of "Summer Nights", the beginning song of Grease.

You hugged him from the back of the couch and rested your head on his shoulder. "Starting without me, babe?"

Aaron turned his head to kiss you on the cheek. "Uhh yeah,"

"Meanie" you uttered under your breath, yet still loud enough for him to hear you.

"Hey! I heard that!" he said while beginning to poke at your sides, taking advantage of one of your weaknesses, being ticklish.

As he tickled you, you struggled to keep the laughter out. "Stop that! I'm gonna drop the popcorn!"

To combat his tickling, you began jokingly hitting him. "Ok! Ok! fine, I surrender!"

"Yeah, as you should!" you said laughing and sitting down on the couch next to him, snuggling up next to him.

You took turns throwing kernels of popcorn into yours, and into Aaron's mouths, savoring the buttery goodness.

Finally getting into the grove, and into the plot of the movie, you felt a pair of eyes on you. "What're you thinkin' about?"

"Just how much I love you, and how lucky I am to have you"

You felt your cheeks warm at the words that came out of his mouth. You just replied to him by saying, "I love you", and kissing him on his lips.

You both smiled and deepened the kiss, but before anything else could happen, Aaron's phone went off.

Assuming it was work, you gave him a sad smile, and said, "It's ok. Answer it,"

He gave you a quick peck on the forehead, and an apologetic look, as he clicked the accept button on his phone, not looking at the caller ID.

As he took the call, you tried to keep up with the conversation, only hearing one half of the conversation. That being said, you didn't know what was going on, but it didn't sound like there was a case.

Soon the phone call finished, and Aaron had a worried look on his face.

"Hey, what happened?"

"Umm Jack just started throwing up at his friend's house, I have to go pick him up, can I bring him here?"

"Yeah, of course, whatever"

"Thank you Y/n. I'm sorry I have to leave you."

"It's all good". You then got up to hug him goodbye.

+++

After about twenty minutes, you heard a knock on the door, for the second time that night.

You unlocked the deadbolt, and twisted the doorknob, to let Aaron and Jack in. When you fully opened the door, you saw a sleeping Jack in Aaron's arms. The sight of that, made your insides feel like jello. He was such a good dad. A cute one too.

Aaron raised his finger to his lips, to try and tell you to be quiet because Jack was asleep.

Aaron walked through the door, with Jack in his arms. "You should put him on the couch," you whispered to Aaron.

Aaron then did what you suggested, and slowly lowered Jack onto the couch. Aaron tried to put Jack down as softly as he could, but not soft enough because you heard Jack groan, as he had been woken up.

You heard Jack start to groan in pain, and saw Aaron go comfort him. "Hey, buddy. You feelin' a little better after your nap?" Aaron waited till he saw a nod from Jack to continue talking. "You wanna watch the movie with Y/n and me?"

You saw Jack enthusiastically nod, so you and Aaron sat on the couch, on either side of Jack, and both cuddled up next to him.

You pressed play on the movie, then out of the side of your eye, you saw Jack reach for a bite of the popcorn. "Uhh Jack, buddy, you probably shouldn't eat any popcorn right now. You were just throwing up. You'll just feel worse if you eat some."

Jack let out a grunt of disappointment but then turned his attention to the movie. You and Aaron both chuckled, and too, started to pay attention to the movie again.