Chapter Three: The Research

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

$&@&&@$&@$

Two months later....

It had been two months since Jasper dropped me off home. Since then, he had came to my work everyday to drop me off home. It was very nice of him in a way. We had small conversations in the car on the way to my apartment. I did feel bad that he was driving me home everyday though. I offered him some money for the gas, but he refused to take it. I had to make it up to him one day. I didn't know what though.

In school, it was still the same. I avoided people as much as could to avoid them laughing at me. Jasper had pointed out everyone in his family. I saw Rosalie, Emmett, Alice, and Edward. I didn't speak to them though. I only saw them in the hallway during passing period. I didn't want to intrude on them.

The one thing that I notice about him and his family was that they weren't around on a sunny day. I heard that their foster parents would pull them out of school to go on a camping trip. I didn't think too much about it. It wasn't any of my business. If I were them, I would probably want to do something to enjoy the sun as well.

Jasper and I were in history class. The teacher held a hat in his hand. "You will all take a topic out of the hat to research on. You will also have a partner to work with. You both will have to work together and present what you research. The assignment will be passed to you," he said. He told us that whoever had the same topic would be partners.

I didn't really liked working with partners. I had partners where I did all the work. I took a topic out of the hat. I unfold the paper to see that I would research on confederate in the civil war specifically Texas. I was a bit happy because I was a Texan by birth.

"What did you get?" I heard. I turned to Jasper and showed him the topic. He smiled and showed me his topic. I was shocked. He had the same topic as me. I looked at him. "I guess we are working together," I said with a smile. He gave me a nod.

The bell rang and I packed my stuff up. "Would you like to work on the research tomorrow at my place?" he asked me. I turned to him quickly. {Did he invite me over to his place?} "Um...sure. I'm actually not working tomorrow," I told him. He gave me a smile. "I will pick you up at two o'clock then," he said. I nodded my head and walked to work.

After work, Jasper came to pick me up as usual. We talked about what we should research. He said that we should research on the Texan's involvement in the Civil War. "I think thats a great idea. I have an old diary of an ancestor who served in the Confederate Army in Texas," I told him. I could see him smiling. We made it to the apartment and he walked me to the door. "See you tomorrow," I told him. "See you tomorrow darlin'," he said.

I walked inside the apartment. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to get started. I went into my room to the closet. I found an old box that contained the diary. I took this from my uncle's house. I decided to open it when I was at Jasper's house.

It was getting late and I went to bed.

Next day.....

I finished eating lunch. I packed everything that I needed for our research. I heard the door bell ring. I grabbed my bag and went to the door. I opened the door to see Jasper there. "Hello Beverly," he said in a bit of a drawl. {Was he a southerner?} "Hello Jasper," I said. He took my bag and we went to his car.

We drove for quite a while. I looked out the window. I was really nervous. I felt a cold hand on my hand. I turned to him. He had his face looking at the road. I started to feel calm for some reason. It was comforting in a way. I felt myself smile. I looked out to see the woods. {He lived this far from the school?} We were driving on a road through the trees. We drove up to a very big house. It was really beautiful. The windows were so big.

He parked the car and stopped the engine. I unbuckle the seatbelt. Jasper made his way to my side of the car and opened the door. He offered his hand to me and I took it. He got my bag from the back of the car and we walked up the stairs to the door. He opened the door for me and I walked into the house.