Chapter Two: Notice Me

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

$&@&&@$&@$

Next day....I did the same routine again. I walked to school. At least I was getting my exercise. I got to the parking lot and covered my face with my jacket. I didn't want to see their faces. I made my way inside the school to my locker. I put my books into my bag and walked to my first class. On my way to my first class, someone knocked me down to the floor. My books fell out of my bag and spread out across the floor.

Nobody bothered to help me pick up my books. I saw some people kick my books away. I sighed. "How can people be so cruel? What did I ever do to them?" I asked myself quietly. I was about to get up myself when I saw two people picking my books up for me. I looked up to see that it was Jasper and another girl. The girl had black pixie like hair.

Jasper got most of my books and walked over to me. He lend me a hand. I didn't know if I should take his hand. After a minute, I decided to take it. I gave him my hand and I felt electricity go up my arm. I felt my heart pounding. {Whats this feeling?} I shook the feeling off. I felt him pull on my arm to get me up. The girl came to me with a smile and gave me my books.

"Thank you," I said with a smile. "No problem," she said with a smile. I took the remaining books from Jasper and put it in my bag. He was looking at me very closely. I turned to them. "Thanks again," I said and walked off. I couldn't stop thinking of Jasper.

It was lunch time and I decided to eat outside under a tree. I didn't want people laughing at me again. I was doing my homework while I was eating. I knew that I wouldn't have much time once I got home from work. I was working on Algebra when I saw someone standing next to me. I looked up to see Jasper.

"Oh. Hello," I said and turned back to my homework. "Hello. I thought that I introduce myself," he said to me. I looked up at him again. "My name is Jasper Hale. I am in your History class," he said. I nodded my head. "I know," I said. "The girl you saw today was my sister Alice," he said. "She's nice," I said and turned back to my homework. He sat next to me. "You're working on your homework?" he asked me.

"Yes," I said. "Why?" he asked curiously. I stopped writing and looked at him. "I have work after class and I wouldn't have time to work on my homework when I got home," I explained to him. He nodded his head. A question came into my head. I turned to him. "Why are you even talking to me?" I asked him curiously. "You looked like you need a friend," he said.

I turned back to my homework. "Its ok," I said quietly and went back to doing my homework. I heard the bell ring. I quickly put my stuff into my bag. Jasper offered me a hand and I took it. My heart was pounding again. He pulled me up to my feet. He was looking at me in the eye. "See you at history," I said and walked off.

It was history. I walked to my seat from yesterday. I turned to the door to see Jasper making his way to the seat next to me. He gave me a smile and turned to the front. I focused on writing my notes. Throughout the class, I felt that he was watching me. I tried to shake the feeling off.

Class ended and I walked to work. I did the same as usual. After work, I walked outside and saw a car that I recognized as the viper. I saw Jasper getting out of the car an walking towards me. "I thought I give you a drive home," he said. I shook my head.

"It's ok, I don't need a ride. I said and started to walk off when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned to him. "I heard that there was a convict on the lose. I got worried and came to give you a drive home," he said. I felt a bit suspicious about what he said. Then, a question came to my head. "How did you know where I worked?" I asked him.

"I heard from some people at my father's workplace at the hospital," he said. I looked around a bit. I thought about it for a minute. I sighed and decided to let him drive me home. I gave him a nod to tell him that I would let him drive me home. We walked to his car. He opened the door to me like a gentleman. I went into his car. He did the seatbelt for me and closed the door. He went to the driver's seat and we drove off. I told him the directions to the apartment.

At the apartment, he opened the door to the car for me and offered me a hand. I took his hand and he pulled me out. His hands were cold. {Why are his hands cold? Maybe he just came from a place that was really cold.} He walked me to my door. I turned to him. "Um...thank you for walking me home," I said to him. "Anytime darlin'," he said. I kind of blushed when he said that. I nodded my head to him and I walked into the apartment.

I couldn't help but, smiled about what had happen. I felt that there was someone at least who cared about me. I haven't felt this way since my parents passed away. I made my way into the kitchen and and made my self a little dinner.

After dinner, I went straight into my homework. Since, Jasper dropped me off, I had a little more time to do my homework. I manage to finish my homework early. I took a quick shower and got ready for bed. I went into my room in my pajamas. I turned the lights off and went to bed.

I dreamed about Jasper.