Chapter Eleven: The New Girl

Disclaimer: everything but Beverly and her family belong to Stephanie Meyer.

$&@&&@$&@$

March....

It has been three months since I learned about vampires. It didn't bother me much. Carlisle gave me a check up and he gave me a blood test. I remembered what Carlisle said to me that day.

Flashback....

I was sitting on the examination table while Carlisle was looking through a microscope on my blood. Jasper was next to me holding my hand. Carlisle turned to both of us. "You seem like a human, but something about your blood makes you a bit different from a normal human" he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. "Its really difficult to explain. I will have to do some research. Its nothing to worry about though," he said. I nodded my head.

{What did he mean by different?}

Flashback end....

I didn't let it bother me. I was pretty sure that it was nothing. Carlisle did tell me to eat more. I was a bit underweight. Also, he told me to rest more.

Things had been going great with the Cullens and I. I would visit them as often as I could at their home. Alice bought me a whole new wardrobe. Rosalie and I would talk to each other. Emmet would joke about me. Edward and I would have nice conversations. Esme acted like a mother to me. Carlisle would tell me anything I needed or wanted to know about vampires.

Jasper and I spent alot of time together. He now picked me up for school and dropped me off at home after work everyday. He told me to quit my job and let him take care of my rent bill, but I didn't want him to worry about me too much. He knew that my job and homework was tiring me out. I tried to reassure him that I was alright. Everyone at school knew my relationship with Jasper and the Cullens. They were surprised to even notice me.

Jasper had been really opened to me. He told me that he used to be in a relationship with Alice. Jasper told me his side of the story while Alice told her side of the story. Alice saw that I wouldn't accept Jasper if Alice and Jasper were together. She said that I would feel guilty for splitting them up. That's why they split up before I came to Forks. I was happy that they told me.

We heard that we were getting a new student today at school. I heard that it was Charlie Swan's daughter. I have seen him at the diner. I even took his order most of the time. She was coming from Arizona.

It was lunch time at school. I walked with the Cullens to their table. I notice a girl that I hadn't seen before. She must be Isabella Swan, Charlie's daughter.

Normal point of view...

Bella sat at a table with Jessica and Angela. Bella notice some students who were about to come in. They were the Cullens. The Cullens started to come in as pairs. Jessica gave Bella some info on each pair.

"The blonde girl thats Rosalie and the dark hair guy is Emmet. They're like a thing," Angela said. She thought they it was weird for them to be a thing and live together at the same time.

"The little dark hair is is Alice. She used to be with Jasper but, they broke up last year," she said.

Bella saw another couple coming into the lunch room. The girl had long dark brown hair and interesting eye color. She could see that they had a tint of purple in the blue eyes. She was wearing a sweater and some blue jeans. The boy next to her was carrying her tray of food. Their hands were together.

"So the blond boy is Jasper. He always looks like he is in pain. The girl is Beverly Melrone. She is a first year here, but she is taking advance classes. She came from Texas a month before school started. She is not a foster child of the Cullens. Nobody here knew anything about her. We were all surprise to see them together as a couple," Angela said.

Bella watch them pass by their table.

Then Bella notice a boy who was about to come inside the lunch room. Edward.

Beverly Point of view....

I sat next to Jasper at their table and I started to eat my lunch. Jasper made sure that I ate everything. He even gave me his apple. I saw that she would look at our table mostly Edward. I wondered, why was she looking at him so much. I could see the frustration on his face. I decided to ask him later.

After classes, I made my way to the diner. It wasn't too bad today. I saw Charlie walking in to take his usual seat.I walked to his table. "Hi Charlie, what can I get you?" I said with my order check ready. "Hi Beverly. I'm waiting for my daughter, Bella. She would be here in a few minutes," he said. "No problem," I said and walked to another table.

I saw Bella walking to her father. I served a table next to theirs with food and took my order check out. "What can I get for the both of you," I said with a smile. "I'll have the usual," Charlie said. I wrote his order. I knew that he usually got the steak. I turned to Bella. "What can I get you?" I asked her. She looked at me in the eyes. "I'll have the garden burger," she said. "Okay, I'll get your food out when it's ready," I told them and went to give the order to the cook.

I went to get their drinks. I put their drinks on the table. At the corner of my eyes, I could tell that she was looking at me.

{I wonder what she's thinking.}