thirty-five

Just 30 minutes later the hall was full of purebred jerks. Sirius sighed, getting up from his perch on the stairs but sat down when he saw Dorea walk over to him. Her hands were behind her back, she still held a smile. He slowly sat down and she plopped down beside him. She rubbed her hands together breathing slowly. Her face had dropped the second she sat down. They were far enough up the stairs they couldn't be seen by the guests, shielded by the railing.

The two needed no words to understand where they stood. Dorea leaned into his side and he wrapped a hand around her. Dorea couldn't get the image of her sisters happily ever after out of her head. She spent every waking minute imagining more. Imagining a world where they got out of the scary world and fled to the mountains, where they could watch the sun rise and set every morning, where everything was peaceful and they could hear the birds each morning.

Dorea sighed laying her head in one of her hands. The two sat on the stairs for a while. In a comfortable, mutual, silence. Away from the chatter that took place just mere feet away. The two dreamed of a life they didn't have. In a world where this never happened.

"one day, somewhere far away I'll host one of these house parties" Dorea whispered but Sirius heard her "and you'll come" she continued "and James'll come, and so will Remus and Peter, and Lilly, and Lila, and Amos. We won't wear fancy clothes, we'll eat cupcakes and drink juice without a care in the world. We'll joke about a time when things like that never happened and we'll laugh at all the stupid things we did when we were younger"

"I'd like that"

"and one day we'll all live in the same town, we'll go to the movies together and never worry about people seeing us, we'll just live"

"one day we'll forget this ever happened, we'll forget we ever lived in a world where we couldn't write letters"

"where we couldn't be friends with who we wanted to be"

"where we weren't accepted"

"one day we'll be okay"

"yeah, one day..we'll be okay"

and despite their differences that day they shared the same dream. They sat there for a while longer dreaming of their future, unsure on how they'd achieve it but that aside just a world where this didn't exist. Where we forget that any of this ever happened and the only thing that ever happened was Hogwarts.

"Dorea" Walburga's voice chimed

"one day, one day we'll be free" she muttered to herself but Sirius caught her whisper.

She stood up and walked down the stairs, using the excuse of the restroom. Walburga went around the room with her little pet. Dorea's eye caught on a certain someone with white blonde hair. She pulled away from her aunt and pulled a disappearing act. She made her way to the boy.

"where is she?" she asked not so fond of him

"Narcissa?" he seemed actually pleasant.

"yeah wheres Cissy?"

"still using nicknames"

"shut it Malfoy where is my sister?"

"upstairs"

Dorea ran all the way upstairs, passing Sirius and walking down the hall wandering looking in each room.

She w=came across the drawing room, the room with the tree. Narcissa was running her hand on the wallpaper. Dorea walked in and soon was swept off her feet. Narcissa engulfed her in the largest hug a sister could give. Dorea collapsed into her arms.