Chapter 14: What'll It Be?

Izumi Yagi's P.O.V

    As I blazed throughout the city streets using One For All, I could feel the cracks expanding; increasing; growing. They traversed my skin faster and faster, inflicting more and more pain upon me; however, I didn't care. The fury; the rage; the anger — it all consumed me. All I could see was red — from my anger towards my father, my anger towards my brother, my anger towards my situation; it all consumed me.

    I could hardly use my quirk without this intensive pain taking over my senses; flooding my body; ruining me. I could hardly speak without this intensive pain shooting throughout my veins and seeping into my throat — masking my words behind a shield of hatred, coated in a wall of throbbing torture. I could hardly breathe without feeling a spiral of suffering disperse throughout my legs, my arms, my head, my heart, and my lungs — choking me out.

    I could hear a voice, screaming out to me; calling for me; yearning for me to stop — but I could hardly think. I could hardly see. I could hardly breathe.

"Stop!" The voices spoke out. "Stop!"

    Ignoring them fully, I continued running as far from Gran Torino's apartment as I could. I felt cold, I felt irked, I felt angry.

"Look out!"

_______________

Katsuki Bakugou's P.O.V

"Don't Breathe." A voice whispered. "Don't talk, don't move, and don't scream." The voice continued.

    Removing their hand from atop my mouth after concluding their speech of horror, the voice allowed me to move once more. I turned rapidly, wanting — needing — to see who had been restricting my breathing, and there, standing before me, was a man in a completely black wardrobe with green hair and emerald eyes.

"Izuku?" I asked. "You were just here, what was that for?" I continued — questioning the man standing before me as he silently laughed.

"I was messing with you," He choked out through gasps. "Anyways, I'm here to give you your first assignment, and yes, I am aware I was just here, is that a problem?" He questioned me with a smile that masked his malice.

"No!" I quickly responded.

    I noticed a large, black bag, slung over Izuku's shoulder. This bag reeked of bad omens and danger. I could almost sense the chaos; the malice; the damage this one bag could inflict upon our world. I could almost taste the evil; the horror; the pain this one bag could inflict upon humankind. I could almost feel the aura of destruction as it leaked from the bag in front of me.

"What's in that thing?" I questioned the man in front of me, accidentally letting my fearful emotions seep out into my voice and expression.

"Open it." Izuku laughed as he removed the bag from its place over his shoulder and tossed it toward me.

    I was fearful and alert as the bag impacted onto my bed — expecting the worst. There was this feeling of danger in my mind — this feeling that something would go wrong if I dared look inside the bag; however, the alternative was disobeying Izuku, and my mind was more fearful of him than of whatever could have been inside the bag.

    Opening the bag, I felt my eyes widen and my mouth dry. My tired emotions from the long day I had suffered through had begun to mix with the horror and disgust I had felt from the contents of the bag — creaking a cocktail that drained the color from my face. I felt my stomach churn and twist in my body, giving me a want — a need — to eradicate all the contents of my stomach as quickly as possible.