Chapter 13

Miley POV

I could see his eyes fill with tears as he said that last line. 'You already had that with one boyfriend, I don't want that to happen with another.' I felt so bad that I had upset him. 

"Patrick isn't my boyfriend. You are, and I never want you to feel like I would choose anyone over you."

"So will you please stop meeting him?"

I pause because I know what will happen if I stop meeting him. "If I stop meeting him, I am sure the media will twist it up and make up another narrative."

"So what!? We will just shut them down."

"But what if they start hating on Patrick for something that he didn't do or-"

"Are you kidding me!?! We literally just talked about this. You said that you would never choose anyone over me, but now you are saying you wanna continue meeting him."

"You don't understand! If I go from meeting Patrick every day, to completely cut him off, people will-"

"Why do you care what other people think?!"

"Stop interrupting me and don't you get it! That is our life. We make money off what other people think of our acting and music. If people start dragging Patrick, his life could be ruined. We have to take it slow"

"I am sure his life wouldn't be ruined if you cut him off. Stop over-exaggerating a very simple solution."

My phone began to ring and the name 'Patrick' began flashing on the screen

"Hold on, I have to take this."

"Miley we are in the middle of an argument! You can't just walk out."

"Watch me." 

And I leave Nick, not looking back for even a second, and head to my room. I can feel his stare on my back as I am leaving in my robe. 

"Hey. What's up?"

"Do you wanna come over for some lunch. Or go to a restaurant."

"You know, after that kiss you pulled off yesterday, I shouldn't even be talking to you."

"What...did Nick say something about it?" 

He said it in a way like he knew that Nick said something. He wanted a big scene. He wanted Nick to blow up and us to get into an argument, which we did. His tone made me think that he did it on purpose. Like everything he did was part of a plan. Some sort of way to make me feel like he was innocent and take his side. A plan that would break me and Nick apart and leave me in a vulnerable place.

Forgetting about his question, I quickly say, "Sorry, I forgot I have something right now." And I hang up and fall on my bed just wanting every problem around me to go away.

Nick POV

She is still in her room and there was no noise coming from inside. I was on the couch, staring at the door of her room, waiting for it to open. Waiting for any sign that she was inside. That she wasn't going away to be with Patrick. I closed my eyes for a second to think about everything that had happened. While in my sleep, I heard a door close, but the noise was quite far away so I thought it might be Miley... Oh My God! It might be Miley! I quickly open my eyes and adjust to the light of the room. I see her sitting on the kitchen table, eating toast and jam. 

"Good Afternoon." She says in a sort of joking way.

Afternoon! How long had I been sleeping for?!

"How was your sleep?"

"I-it was... good."

Her eyes were still on her plate of food as she took another bite out of the jam sandwich. 

My face had a confused look plastered over it as she finished off her food and put the plate by the sink.

"What?"

I cut my gaze from her and quietly said,

"N-nothing."

"Do you wanna go out? Like to the mall or something. I just really need to get out of the house and do something."

"Yeah sure. Let me just change and I'll be back in 5 minutes."

I take my crutches from beside me and go back to my room. I was much quicker now as I used my foot more and was nearly walking. I have never gotten ready that fast. I brushed my teeth and threw on some clothes. I walked back to where Miley was with still a couple of seconds to spare.

"Wow. That was quick."

"haha," I laughed, not very enthusiastically.

"I made you a sandwich. Figured you might be hungry as you haven't had lunch yet and it is already 4 pm."

"Thank you," I say taking the sandwich from her and putting it in a plastic bag. "I'll eat it in the car so we can leave now."

She takes the car keys and we walk outside. Suddenly, we get bombarded by flashing lights and commotion from all around us. I run back dropping my sandwich and leaving my crutches outside as they get stuck in the door frame. Miley follows behind me and closes the door loudly. 

"Guess we should have looked out the window first." I joked but she did not even crack a smile. "I have a back entrance if you want to use that. I have my small really old car parked on that side so no one will know that it is us leaving."

Her eyes once again gleamed as we went to the back of the house. I needed to use her shoulder for support as I left my crutches by the main door. We finally reached the door and sneakily peeked through the window. There was not a single paparazzi on this side so I took the keys from the drawer beside the door I handed it to Miley and we quietly stepped out of the house and she got into the car. I needed a bit more time to get into the car and eventually I was able to sit in a comfortable position and put my seatbelt on.

"Where is the seatbelt on this side?" She asks me

"Joe and I were playing a game so we sort of cut it off," I say casually.

"Anyways we are only going for a short drive." She adds on

She turned on the car engine and we went off to our destination. 

"Wait... Where are we going?" I ask as she was just driving in circles around the block. 

"We obviously can't go to a very crowded place because one look at us and the paparazzi will be swarming around you and I. How about we just go to the supermarket. We anyways need more groceries and that new one 10 minutes away is normally always empty."

"You are the driver so take us wherever." 

And she drives off going at a decent speed so we could enjoy the drive.

Miley POV

I could feel Nick's stare as he watched me. I wondered if he would stop and look somewhere else but his eyes were set on me. At a red light, I finally made contact with him.

"What?" And he quickly broke his glance.

"Nothing. Sorry." He mumbled. 

I continued driving through the busy road and he kept his head down. I felt a bit bad for being so harsh but after a minute or so I could feel it again so I turned my head for just a second.

"Nick, what do you want--!"

BAM!!