Chapter 11

Nick POV

When we reached the house that day after the doctor's appointment, I needed to wait for Miley to get my crutches and help me inside the house. I decided to stay in the room on the ground floor as I didn't want to go up and down too many stairs, so she helped me get a few pairs of clothes into the room below.   

I felt helpless. As the days went on I couldn't do anything. I couldn't make my own meals or go anywhere by car. I would also get tired after a while on my crutches so I was mainly on the couch or in my bed. Miley was the only reason I wasn't going completely out of my mind insane. She would help me with whatever I needed and was by my side nearly all day. She did everything for me and did not even care if she hadn't left the house in a couple of weeks. She only went out to get groceries and to meet Demi. Miley and I became much closer in the first 2 weeks. We talked all the time and we started to really trust each other. We had a set routine. Every Saturday she would change my plaster at 5pm before dinner.

"How was your foot today?"

"It was better. Thank you so much for everything you are doing for me."

"You know I would do anything for you." She said as she continued wrapping the plaster round my foot.

My eyes never left her as she nearly finished helping me. 

"What? Why are you staring at me?" She said with a smile 

"Sorry. I didn't realize."

"It's okay. I am nearly done anyways. I just need to go over once more."

"Thank you. I love you."

"Love you too babe." she gave me a kiss on my cheek and she got up to start making dinner. She had made a simple pasta and warmed up some bread. I tried to help setting the table but my cruches kept on getting stuck and I would stumble so I just let her do everything.

"Nick, I know you can't go out, but do you mind if I meet some friends tomorrow?"

"Of course I don't mind. You can do whatever you want and I guess that'll make me more independent." We sat in silence eating our food for a while until I said, "So who are you going to meet tomorrow?" I didn't want to sound to eager so I kept looking down at my plate of food. 

"I just going to go to the bar and see some friends."

She somehow avoided the questioned I asked her but I decided to let it go and just continue with my meal.

Another week passed and I started to do more things on my own. I was able to walk a bit on both of my feet without my crutches for a few meters. I couldn't drive yet but I didn't need to do anything outside of the house as my work was on hiatus. However, Miley started going to the bar everyday. I didn't know who she was meeting but she would always come back after an hour and would always be happier. She never smelled like alcohol yet I knew from her actions that she had been drinking or  smoking.

Today she went out a bit later and didn't come back after 2 hours. She needed to change my plaster today and it was getting very late. I stayed on the couch and I must have dozed off because I woke up with a bang. The door was slammed shut and an angry Miley came storming into the room. She began walking up to her room but I stopped her and said,

"Hey Miley, I sort of heated up some leftover pizza from yesterday and it is still on the plate if you want." and I pointed towards the kitchen table. "You'll probably have to heat it up once again."

"I already ate. I am going to sleep now." 

"Miley-"

"What!" She interrupted me as she turned back around. Her glare turned to anger and looked me straight in the eyes. "What do you want?"

"You have to change my plaster." I said softly. Not making eye contact with her.

She slowly made her way back down the stairs, to the medical stuff, took out what she needed and made her way to me. I sat up as she began coming towards me. She kneeled down onto the ground and started to unwrap the gauze that had been around my foot. 

"Are you okay?" I asked after a few seconds passed.

"Yeah sorry." She took a deep breath in and out. "I have just had a really long day."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

She looked at me. Her eyes had returned to the calm state they normally are and she stopped focusing on my foot.

"Please don't be mad."

I put my hand on my chest and lifted my other arm as a joke and said, "I promise I will not be mad." 

"I have been seeing Patrick."

I had no words and my mouth was hanging open. My hands had come back to their place beside my body but I made no other movement or reaction. Patrick Schwarzenegger was Miley's ex-boyfriend. They were only together for a couple of months after there were rumors that he cheated on her. 

"I have only been meeting him as a friend. I do not like him as anything else. I promise." 

She tried to get eye contact with me but I kept my head down.

"Have you been meeting him this entire week?" My voice turned deep and sad. I found a lump in my throat and I didn't know if I should believe what she is saying.

"Yes I have but we have just had a few drinks and talked. That is it."

"What did you talk about?" I felt like I was just trying to make ramble and not ask the question I really wanted the answer to.

"We just talked about our partying days. I was only meeting him because he's a good friend that was always available and liked to drink and party like I do."

I finally lifted my head up and was face to face with her. I knew I didn't want the answer to this question but I asked it anyway, "Have you guys kissed?"

She was silent for a while as she brought her focus back to my foot. She began wrapping it up and she quietly said, "He was coming onto me today. I told him I was in a relationship with you but he didn't care. He started to rub his hand against my leg and I swatted it away. I laughed thinking that he was playing with me but he got more into it. He was saying some sexual things to me but I didn't care or give it a second thought cause I was waiting for my drink. As I turned my neck to face him once again, he kissed me. I pulled away instantly and came here. I was late because I nearly got arrested for driving under the influence. Luckily, I passed all of the tests the police officer made me do, and let's just be glad I am a good drunk and he didn't have a breathalyzer." She chuckled but went back to serious after she saw my face. 

She finally finished with my foot and I took ahold of my crutches and left without another word. I expected her to come to my room to apologize but she never did. My anger hadn't been let out so I got out of bed and hopped towards the stairs. 

I screamed so she would be able to hear me, "Did you kiss him back?"

I heard noises in her room before she opened her door and said, "No because I love you and only you Nick. I am so sorry." She ran down the stairs and nearly toppled me over as she kissed me. I wasn't using my crutches so I held onto the stair railing for support. We were kissing by the stairs for a few minutes before we moved to it the bedroom.