Chapter 9

Miley POV

I lay in my bed trying to go to sleep but the thought about what was going to happen kept me awake. Nick came flooding into my brain and I began to question my decision. Is it a good idea to invite him along to meet Liam? I look over to my phone and it says it is 3 am. Unable to sleep, I go down to the kitchen to get some food. I take some cereal and I eat as I watch tv on the couch. All of the news channels were about me and Nick, so I decided to watch some Disney channel. It was just my luck that the season finale of Hannah Montana was playing. I thought back to my Disney days. How I needed to change to finally become who I am now. All memories of my childhood came back to me as I watched this episode. Just as the episode was coming to an end, my phone rang and Demi's name was flashing on the screen.

"You and Nick are all over the news!"

"Demi, why are you still awake?"

"Really Miles. That is what you ask me. Do you not understand. You and Nick are literally EVERYWHERE. And why are you still awake?"

"I asked you first," I said, so I could think about what I was going to say. Should I tell Demi that I am going to meet Liam? 

By the time I had finished thinking, Demi had already fully explained her answer. 

It was my turn to talk. I started to say, "I have just been watching some tv, I didn't even realize the time until you called me." 

I needed to lie because maybe she would've wanted to stop me. I had to do this so no one would get in the way of meeting Liam. I hated lying to my best friend but I needed to do it.

However, Demi did not seem convinced by that answer and kept asking until I finally gave in. 

"Okay fine. I will tell you why I am still awake and why I cannot go to sleep, but you have to promise me that you will not tell anyone and you will not try to convince me not to go. Do you promise?"

"Yes! Now hurry up and tell me!"

I say in a whisper, "I am going to meet Liam."

She said nothing. I don't know if she heard me but I am definitely not going to say it again. We sat in silence with the phone next to our ears. I knew she was still there because I could hear the sound of her breathing. After a few minutes, she says something but it was not what I expected,

"Just stay safe and if you need anything from me, please call. I love you Miles and I hope you do whatever your heart desires. You should get some sleep because tomorrow is going to be a big day. Good night Miley." and then she hangs up the phone.

I sat there in silence for what seemed like hours. I thought about what I would say to him. Thinking back to the night I left made me shiver and made me feel scared. I was on the couch, making up scenes of how the day would go and trying to guess about what could happen until sleep caught up to me and I fell asleep on the couch.

Nick POV

It is 6 am and I cannot go back to sleep. All of the thoughts from last night come rushing back into my head. Still, in my camp rock pajamas, I go into Miley's room to see if she was awake. I open the door as quietly as I possibly could but when I peered in, there was no one there. Her bed was unmade so I kept on thinking, did she already go to Liam's house?

My stomach started to groan so I decided to go down and get some breakfast. I got some bread put it in the toaster and got a plate from the cupboard above. As I glanced out of the window, I noticed that all of the cars were still in the driveway. She couldn't have gone to Liam's house without a car because it would have been a 30-minute walk. All of these assumptions of her whereabouts nearly burnt my hand as the toast popped out. 

"Good Morning Nick."

My soul jumped out of my body. The plate crashed on the floor and broke into sharp pointy pieces. I quickly turned around and saw Miley with a tired and confused look on her face.

General POV

"What did you do that for?" She continued.

"Where did you go!?" Nick said, surprised that she was still here.

"What do you mean? I have been here the entire night. I couldn't sleep so I came down here to watch some tv. Oh and don't worry I don't drool so I didn't ruin your pillows." Nick's face turned from scared to happy. He was so glad to see her that he didn't notice the big piece of glass stuck in his foot until she points it out. 

"Nick! Stop moving! Stay still!"

"Why?" Worry covers his face as he sees her gaze goes down to his foot. He looks down and sees blood all over his foot and on the floor. The pain of the wound finally catches up to him and he looks as though he wants to fall to the floor, knowing that if he does, he will get further hurt by the sharp pieces surrounding him.

Miley quickly runs upstairs to her room and comes back down a few seconds after with a pair of shoes on. Her face is filled with fear as she walks over the pieces of glass and wraps his arm around her shoulder to get him away from the glass and to get him to safety. She leaves him leaning against a counter as she gets the car keys. He tries to walk a bit but falls and the glass cuts deeper into his skin. He cries out in pain and begins to scream as Miley comes running back to see what had happened. But when she reached his side, he stopped. She sees him on the floor, unable to get up, laying as if he had died. No noise or movement was coming from him, as she sees another cut on his head. She realizes he banged his head against the nearby table as he was trying to walk and tries to wake him up. 

"Nick! Nick! Please wake up!" She cried.

Putting her feelings aside, she carefully carried the unconscious man towards the car, surprising herself with her strength. She laid him down on the backseat chairs but leaves his foot hanging down, not wanting to touch or move it. She runs towards the front seat and races to the hospital, checking on Nick every opportunity she could. His eyes were hanging open yet he was still not conscious. His body lay cold as if he were dead on the seats and did not make a single movement. His face was the color of a ghost, pale and white and the only motion coming from him was the blood flowing out of his foot and falling onto the carpet below him. Her eyes were still teary and she couldn't see the road properly but she still continued. She had to do whatever she could to help him.