~ Chapter 9 ~

"Felicity-"

"No, Ray! Whatever you're doing, I don't want to know... It's none of my business!" Felicity yelled back at Ray.

She had been able to ignore him for a few days, but today he was so persistent in getting her to talk to him. She didn't care anymore about his secrets. She just wanted to work her job and go home. She had enough to deal with outside of work... like not being able to live at home. And, having to hide because of some feeling she hade every time she stepped foot outside alone.

Felicity just wanted normal again.

She just walked into her office and sat down in her chair, but of course Ray had to follow her.

"Felicity, wait-" Ray started, but Felicity just shook her head, causing him to stop talking.

"I really don't want to know, okay? It's your secret to keep..." Felicity sighed, looking back at the screen of her computer.

"It's not that it's a secret, it's just that it's hard to talk about, and-" He started, but Felicity cut him off again.

"And, you don't feel like talking about it? I get it, I really do." Felicity looked at him.

"It's not that, either." Ray shook his head.

"Then, what? You don't trust me enough? Because... What else could it possibly be, Ray-?" She started raising her voice again, when he interrupted her.

"My fiancé was murdered! Okay!?" He threw his hands up in the air, completely devastated.

That shut Felicity up. She just looked up at him, not uttering a single phrase.

"Anna was murdered... That's what I was doing... I was... researching. Delving more into what happened..." He sighed.

"You mean trying to find out who murdered her, don't you?" She asked.

Ray just looked at her.

That's when something clicked. Something that infuriated her to no end.

"Please don't tell me you took this company over to just-" She started, but he finished.

"Yeah. Yep."

"Wh-what?" She whispered, not believing what she was hearing.

"You're brilliant, Felicity. So, yeah. You're exactly right." He muttered, looking almost guilty.

"So you're telling me that you took over Oliver's company -- my Oliver's company -- to use our Applied Sciences Division to aid you with some personal vendetta by using our technology and resources in finding your fiancé's killer!?" She yelled, completely enraged.

By now, she was standing, and in his face.

"You don't have the right!" She yelled even louder, pointing a finger in his face, and then turning to walk out of the office.

She didn't want any part of this.

"I don't have the right!? You know damn well that if it was Oliver who was murdered, you'd do whatever you could to track down his murderer!!" He screamed back at her.

She turned around, tears flooding her eyes.

"You forget that you're not the only one who has lost someone. I lost my person too. But... he's not here anymore, because he's gone. He's dead." She cried, now letting tears absentmindedly fall.

"But, I don't get to blame anyone for his death. Because it just happened. It wasn't the ocean's fault, or the captain's. It was a tragic accident. But it doesn't matter anyway, because he's gone! Just like Anna is gone. And... When we lose someone... There is nothing, nothing, that we can do that is going to bring them back!" She cried harder.