~ Chapter 22 ~

"Felicity, wait!" Oliver yelled, running after her.

He knew that he had been holding back from her lately, and not being fair with her. She didn't deserve that.

Felicity groaned when she heard his footsteps. She was limping because of how The Count had kidnapped her, so she knew that Oliver would catch up.

"Hey." He whispered, putting his arm around her waist to help her walk.

Felicity tried to flinch away from his touch, but it was no use. He had a strong grip.

"Why aren't you letting me help you?" He asked, hurt.

"You always save me." She whispered, not knowing what else to say.

"Well, it's my job to save you." Oliver responded, confused that she had asked that.

"I wanted to do this on my own. Just this once..." Felicity sighed, defeated.

"Felicity--" Oliver argued, but she shook her head.

"I'm not some damsel in distress, Oliver. I just wanted to prove I'm good enough to not always be saved. That's all. Yes, I know it was stupid, you don't have to tell me." Felicity groaned.

Oliver clamped his mouth shut, refusing to say anything. She was wrong. He knew that she wasn't this damsel in distress. He knew how strong she was.

"Oliver, I can barely walk." Felicity cringed, trying to change the subject, and frankly, she was in lot of pain right now.

"Okay, Plan B, then." He said, right before he reached down with his other hand, that wasn't holding her waist, and scooped her knees, bringing her into his warm grasp.

Felicity gasped, but as soon as she was in his arms, she leaned her head against his chest as he carried her out.

Oliver was still fuming about the fact that Felicity did this on her own, but for right now, the feel of her in his arms, it was enough to calm him down until they got back to the foundry.

He carried her to his bike, and he could hear her laughing. He looked down quizzically at her, and he could see a faint smile on her face.

"Of course you brought the bike." She smiled.

He smiled at that, but kept her in front of him as he drove. She was curled into him, holding him tightly as he quickly made his way to the foundry.

She knew that he was still mad at her for going, and she was still mad at him for going to Laurel and treating her the way he's been treating her this week. But, she didn't want to think about it right now. She just wanted to think about how earlier this evening, she thought she was going to die, and now she was safe in his arms.

Once Oliver parked the bike, he got off, and extended his arm out to Felicity.

"Are you okay to walk?" He asked, concerned.

Felicity nodded, taking his hand and stepping on the pavement. But, as soon as her feet hit the pavement, the weight of her body caved in, making her crumble. Thankfully, Oliver was there to grab her.

"Well I thought I could stand..." Felicity groaned, really frustrated at herself being so weak.

"What happened? Did he hurt you?" Oliver asked, picking her up to carry her.

"I don't really remember much. I blacked out." Felicity sighed, closing her eyes.

Oliver loudly sighed, frustrated that she had let herself get into this situation in the first place, but overall, he was just glad that she was okay. He carried her into the foundry, and put her on top of the table, so he could fix her up.