~ Chapter 21 ~

"Count Vertigo, that's all we know!? Still!?"

Oliver was furious. Beyond furious, actually. It had been a week of this... Working endlessly trying to find who was circulating vertigo into the system, and yet there was nothing to show for it.

"This guy is practically a myth." Felicity sighed, looking at her computer absolutely defeated.

"We'll find him." Diggle responded, standing up from his chair.

"We have to find him. Now." Oliver growled, paving the foundry, getting anxious.

"Oliver, we will." Diggle looked at him.

Felicity didn't say a word, she just nodded. She didn't want to argue with him. She was trying her best... And, obviously her best wasn't good enough right now.

Oliver just kept pacing until eventually he couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed his quiver and filled it with more arrows. He turned around to face Felicity and Diggle, and just nodded at them, almost disregarding them entirely.

"I'm going to question more of these well-known druglords. I'll be back later." Oliver said, not really caring about their responses as he walked out the door.

Felicity and Diggle shared a look before he walked out of the foundry. Felicity sighed to herself. She hated seeing him like this... Tearing himself up from the inside out. It just hurt her heart, and it didn't seem right. Like, he seemed almost inhuman.

"He's just worried about Thea and the trial. He doesn't mean to take it out on you." Diggle sighed, giving Felicity a look of sympathy.

Felicity just glared at him.

"I appreciate that, John. But, I'd rather hear him apologize." She spit out, not meaning to sound rude, but the last week of Oliver pestering her about this and hounding her... It was just unacceptable.

And, frankly it hurt like hell.

This past week had been hell... Thea's trial was ludicrous. Her charges were true, yes. But, the fact that she was looking at jail time for a mere accident was shocking. The judge in charge of her trial didn't necessarily care for the Queen family. And, Moira was barely helping. Even after three years, Moira is still barely living. But, this trial is getting her back out in the open, so maybe that was a good thing... 

Diggle just nodded, and went back to being silent in the background. Felicity turned around back to where she was facing her computer, and she studied the information even more. None of this made sense. How could someone that was so heavily involved in the city be invisible?

"Well, Lyla is sick, so I have to go. You okay staying here?" Diggle asked, causing Felicity to turn back around to look at him.

"Yeah, I'm just going to try and see if I can find anything." Felicity sighed, almost defeated at the fact that had yet to find something based on this guy.

"Don't stress yourself out, Felicity." Diggle smiled at her before leaving.

Felicity smiled at him as he left, and then turned back around to face the stupid computer. She put her face in her hands, thinking of anything that seemed off or odd about this guy, or in the system that overuses drugs.

Was there anything going on that seemed off right now?

That seemed weird?

And then she remembered what Diggle had said. Lyla got sick. Lyla never gets sick. She always stays extremely healthy. Maybe that wasn't some big clue, but it was something to go off of. She quickly called Lyla, not wanting to bother Diggle.