Chapter 9: My Only Escape

So I found the perfect soundtrack to this chapter lol. The vid is on the side:) It's Lego House By Ed Sheeran. As you've probably guessed, I love his music ^-^ hehe.

Amber's POV

I batted my eyes trying to get  them to adjust to the bright light. After they got use to it I opened them up to find Jay's head leaning over me. He smiled, but it wasn't a happy smile, it was a I feel sorry for you kind of smile. I looked left and right and saw the boys and their girls and my mum sitting around me on sofas and chairs. I sat up and saw that I was laid on a hospital bed. "What's going on. What happened to me?" I asked staring at the covers in confusion.

"You erm, you t-t-" Jay stuttered.

Nareesha cut him off "You tried committing suicide. You jumped off a bridge into a river and drowned. Luckily the ambulance came in time to rescue you. You almost died! How could, why would you do that!?". I looked up at her and saw tears trailing down her face.

Memories came rushing back into my head and that's when I remembered everything. I put my hands over my mouth in pure shock. Jay bit his lip trying to hold back his tears. I uncovered my mouth."It was my only escape." I replied while staring blankly into space.

"From the whole love triangle?" Siva inquired. He got up and wrapped his arms around Nunu. She laid her head on his chest as they walked back to their seats and sat down. "How did you know about that?" I asked.

"Jay told us everything. We now know the truth about it all and we're all ok with it. You don't have to be scared anymore. You and Jay can finally be together" Kelsey said.

"So  that's why you...that's why you did what you did?" Jay asked and tears began to burst from his eyes. He dug his face in his arms trying to catch his breath. He fought with his emotions in an attempt to stop crying. "I just thought that everything would be perfect if I'd just left. I'm a problem around here. I've always been a problem for everyone. That's why my dad abandoned my mum and I."

Jay lifted his head and stopped crying. "You were never a problem for anyone and you'll never be. We're all happy that you're apart of our lives and we're all happy that we're apart of yours. I don't know what Nath did or said to you, but whatever it was he's wrong and the way he treated you was wrong."

"He didn't do anything. I just, I thought it was the only solution."

"But why would you do such a thing?"

"I guess I should tell you everything. When I was a teen I was going through a really rough time. I had all these undiscovered feelings built up in me. I had a low self esteem and I use to harm myself by cutting my wrists. It was the only way I could cope with it all. My aunt Hellen helped me. She was the only person I could talk to. I always felt so lonely, but because of her I had a different perspective on life and myself and began to open up to people. I stopped cutting myself and used creams to make the scars go away. My aunt found out about me when I had a sleepover at her house with Meridith. Meridith and I had a small argument over who knows what and I just got so upset and mad at myself, so after she left the room I attempted to jump off the windowsill. I doubt I would've died, but it was a big house so it was worth a try. Anyway, as I stood on top of it my aunt came in the room. I tried jumping but she caught me in time. Ever since then she always helped me with my problems. So basically, all my insecurities came rushing back when Nath and I met up at the cafe. I was so upset at myself so I just decided to jump off the bridge."

My mother crept up from behind Jay with tear filled eyes and gave me a massive hug. "I'm so sorry dear. I never knew. I'm so sorry. I should've realized you were going through so much" she said in a slight whisper. I hugged her back and rested my head on her shoulder closing my eyes. "It's ok mum, it's ok."

Nathan's POV

I received a text from Siva saying that Amber was in the hospital. I asked him why and he told me she tried committing suicide. My heart instantly fell to the floor. It was me who did this to her. What the hell is wrong with me?

I rushed to the hospital and went to the front desk. "I'm here to see Amber Sykes. Pardon me, I meant Amber Wilson" I said to the nurse. I gave my info and took a picture. They gave me an ID sticker with my face plastered on it and I stuck it to my shirt. I then proceeded to her room. I opened the door and all eyes fell on me.

Amber looked at me and began to cry. Seeing her like that in the hospital bed broke my heart. A knot formed in my stomach. Fighting to get the words out, I said sorry to Amber. Jay walked up to me and dragged me out of the room and down the hall.

"You fucking bastard. How dare you show your face. How the hell did you even find out about her?" he asked. His face was now a bright red. His aura became dim, grey, and filled with anger.

"Siva told me and I didn't do anything to her. I just took out the ring and asked her if she was going to stay with me or be with you." I replied.

"What ring?"

"I bought her an engagement ring. I was going to propose to her in  Ibiza, but then I realized something was going on between the two of ya. Then I was gonna propose at the pet rescue charity gala but she wasn't there. I figured out that you guys slept together, so I told her either take the ring or we were through."

"I had no idea you wanted to marry her. Are you freaking crazy? Your only 19 years old. She hasn't even graduated college yet."

"Well I love her."

"You have a funny way of showing it."

"Hey, I fixed all my mistakes and made up for them in the best way I could!"

"Then why the hell did she try killing herself!"

"Because, because I slept with Meridith again as payback for her sleeping with you. I thought it was your second time so I thought I'd make it even between her and I.'

"You sick demented b-"

"I'm not the one who stole her away from my best friend!"

"I din't steal her away from you!" Jay said and then he told me the whole story.

It was shocking to hear how horribly I treated her before the Christmas party. I can't believe it took me having to sleep with Meridith to see how much I loved Amber and how much she deserved to be treated better. I never meant to hurt her. I was just going through a tough time with all the fame. I feel absolutely horrible; I feel like a monster.

As for Jay, I'm still incredibly mad at him, but he deserves her. They deserve each other more than anything in the world. I only wish I  knew they would've fallen for one another, but I'm pretty sure we'd end up in the same position. If only I wasn't stupid and blind before.

"Would you please let me apologize to her?" I requested.

"Are you kidding me? She practically burst into tears the minute you walked in. Maybe you should come back another day. Would you really be comfortable in that room with all those people hating you as much as I do?"

I drew in a long breath and let it out slowly "Alright".