✩ Passed! | VIII

It was the next day. I got up to take a warm shower. Shalnark waited for me to finish my shower so he could go in as well. I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. I dug around my bag to find some clothes. I felt an aura constantly staring at me. I look over to Shalnark who's nearly drooling looking at me.

"Is something on me?" I questioned him, looking around my body. Perhaps I left some soap/suds on accident. "N-no.. you're just.. very pretty," he said, trying to look away but he failed. A small tint of pink appeared on my face. "Pervert," I said, walking back into the bathroom to change into my clothes.

Shalnark got into the shower and out quickly. He quickly changed into his clothes. We walked out of the rooms, going outside to see what we'd be doing for the next stage. Emi was there, waving goodbye to all of us as we were handed over to our next examiner.

"The next stage will be a hand on hand fight. You will all be in a large area fighting each other. You can kill your opponent or knock them out. The latter of that would be best recommended. The last two standing win." (If you don't know, 'latter' means the last option..)

Shalnark and I had a smirk on our faces. This is finally something we're good at. We were all led to a huge area.

"Ready.. and.. FIGHT!"

Bodies collapsed on the ground at great speed. I know Shalnark would most likely be killing everyone instead. I knocked some people out well, but Shalnark only came by and slaughtered them. The chance we get to kill people without truly revealing that it's our nature to kill.

After every single other applicant was murdered, Shalnark and I stood in front of the shocked examiner. He pulled out his phone, calling someone. After a while of speaking on the phone, he hung up, then looked at us.

"YOU PASS!" he said. I was shocked, as well as Shalnark. 'The entire hunters exam is over already..?'

We took a blimp/ aircraft over to where we'd receive our licenses. We sat for about an hour as a green little bean explained what we could do and rules as hunters. Once we left, we called the boss.

"You finished already? Did you have to kill people?" Chrollo asked, sounding confused as well. "Yeah, we did.. both. We're coming back. I think there's something we all have to learn.." Shalnark said, then hung up. He grabbed my hand and took off running, dragging me behind.

"What's the rush?" I asked him, trotting behind him. "We just got to go, now," he said. I removed his hand from mine and ran besides him. I heard a pout from him, but ignored it.

We arrived back in Yorknew city after a few hours riding another aircraft. Shalnark explained the "nen" system he's been studying for quite a while. We all decided it would be the best idea to learn to increase our speeds and it would be efficient for the future.

-- Many months later --

We had all separated for a while, learning nen on our own. We returned back together as a whole spider again. We all decided to meet in Meteor city. Some explained their nen abilities and why they chose it. I decided to keep mine a secret though..

"Y/n, what's your ability?" Shalnark asked with a smile. I turned around, facing him. "I'm keeping mine a secret for now." We all got around together, and listened to what the boss had to say.

"There are some special eyes I'd like stolen. An entire clan, full of beautiful eyes.. We're going to kill them all and steal their eyes!" Chrollo said, looking at all of us. My excitement for our first true mission was insane.

"Won't they have all families.. Wouldn't some people despise us for it..?" I couldn't wait.. Usually I was quiet and calm, but this nen that's flowed through my brain, it excited me. I just couldn't wait.

"Of course, y/n. That's half of our objective. We'll be known to the world.. as the Phantom Troupe," Chrollo said, staring straight at me with his book wide open, "Unless if you're afraid of that.. We'd have a slight problem."

"No- no. Why of course not, boss.. I'm- I'm just so-" I was cut off by Uvogin. He placed his hand on my shoulder. "We're excited, boss. Tell us where and when, and we'll get the job done!" Uvogin said, with a large grin on his face. It would be impossible to wipe that off his face.

I looked back at Chrollo who had his eyes shut for a moment. He opened them once again. His next words had my blood off the roof. "We'll go now."

------------------------------------------------

scroll/ click for more!↓