✩ Phase 1 part 2 | VII

I followed Shalnark as he hopped trees. As I watched him, he kept looking around the ground. Until one point he stopped. He stood on a tree branch. I jumped over to where he was. He was staring at someone who happened to be walking below us. Shalnark watched their every move.

He quickly grabbed one of his pins and threw it at the helpless person. The guy froze. Shalnark pressed a few buttons, causing him to collapse on the ground. I looked at Shalnark's red device.

'Dead' it read. Shalnark killed someone.

"Shalnark, what are you doing?" I asked him. I didn't care, but at the same time I wanted to pass the Hunters Exam.

"I'm going to kill at least 75% of the participants, leaving us with a higher chance to pass this exam. Some have already been killed by the beasts they're supposed to knock out." Shalnark said. He continued to hop trees as I followed him.

A few hours had gone by, and he's killed exactly 147 different applicants. Shalnark hopped from a tree down to the ground, and began to run in the opposite direction. I did the same. Once we arrived at this small meadow. Out of nowhere, I felt some unhuman presence.

"Shalnark, I think someone's her-" I was interrupted by Shalnark pushing me to the ground, "WHAT THE HELL WAS TH-".

I couldn't finish my sentence. Shalna00rk was now in front of a large snake beast. It was not like any ordinary snake. It slowly surrounded Shalnark, leaving him with no openings.

"Y/N! TAKE THIS. QUICK." he threw me his device. On the bottom of the device were a few pins attached. I threw a pin at the beast. It still managed to move around.

"WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?" I screamed at him. I was confused.

"PRESS THE DAMN DISABLE BUTTON"

I looked for a second until I found the button he was talking about. With that, the snake paused and collapsed on the floor.

"Now press the kill button"

'What the hell, why did he make this?' I thought as I quickly pressed the button. The snake didn't move anymore.

"Congratulations. Participants 147 and 148 have passed the first phase of the exam! Please follow the path back to the main site, where you will wait for the rest of the applicants to arrive."

We followed a long path until we arrived at a small building. I walked in with Shalnark.

"Participants 147 and 148. Take this key to a room where you will stay in a luxurious room and await the others." a short man said, handing us a key.

"And what the hell is this thing?" I asked, holding up the card.

"Just don't lose it," Shalnark said, walking up some stairs.

We opened the door to a nice room. There was a small kitchen set, with already prepared food at the table. I sat down and began to eat quickly.

"Since we finished on the first day, we still have to wait all day tomorrow until time's up" Shalnark said, sitting on the bed, "downside about this room is there's only one bed."

"It's fine," I said, talking between eating.

Nighttime had fallen, and now we were deciding which side of the bed we'd sleep in. I took the left side while he took the right side. I lied on my side, having my back face him, and he did the same. I wasn't able to sleep, though, but I already heard Shalnark snoring.

I slowly got up, and walked to the door of the room. I carefully opened it and made sure it didn't slam when I closed it. I walked down the hall, some lights were still on. I managed to go up more stairs until it said I was on the top floor. There was a balcony.

I walked up to the edge, staring out at the view. There wasn't much interesting to see, at least nothing I haven't seen before already. I heard the door open behind me. I turn around quickly to make sure it wasn't that horrible examiner. No, it was Shalnark.

He was rubbing his eyes, walking towards the edge. He leaned up against the railings. I turned myself around, having my back rest on the railing. I looked up to the sky, seeing thousands and thousands of stars.

"What do you think the Boss wants us to do next?" I asked him.

"No idea.." he responded.

"Do you think we'd be able to pass this exam?" I questioned him.

"I know I can, I don't know about you.."

"If I manage to fail or be in a situation where I'm nearly dead, would you abandon me?"

"Possibly, possibly not. We need you for the Spiders. As much as I'd like to abandon you, I can't. Boss's orders."

"So you want to abandon me?" I asked him. I look directly towards him who was looking down to the first floor ground.

"Not entirely. You're an interesting person, but anyone at this age would at least know something, but I do understand you haven't been taught much yet."

"Yeah.." I said. I got off the railing and walked back to the doors, "I'm going to sleep."

"I'll follow behind you soon," he said. He pulled out his device and pressed a few buttons, making a call. "Hey boss!" was the last thing I heard once I closed the doors.

I walked back down the long hallway and tried to open the door. It wouldn't open.

"What the hell?" I said. I looked at the keyhole.

'Right.. I need that thin paper thing'

I sat against the door, waiting for Shalnark to come back. I brought my knees to my chest, and buried my face into my knees. A few minutes went by and I heard a click on the door behind me. I look directly up seeing Shalnark looking down at me. He walked in, over my head. I slowly got up, entering the room.

I lied back down on my side of the bed, hiding under the covers. Slowly, drifting to sleep. Thinking of what would happen tomorrow.

-----------------

a/n: SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED RECENTLY RFJNEWJFN IVE BEEN BUSY JUST.. SIMPING OVER PPL

scroll/ click for more!↓