✩ Phase 1 part 1 | VI

"Alright! To begin the first phase! You will have to make a device that can destroy this wall!" She stepped aside, revealing a small metal wall, "It looks easy to take down, but it's not. You can get in groups of 2 or work alone. It's your choice. You can only use what we give you here."

There was about 20 tables full of different materials. Shalnark got a quick idea and began to calculate what sort of device he'd need. Once Emi said go, almost everyone ran to the tables to grab the things they needed. Shalnark was quick to grab the things he's already prepared in his head.

I looked at him confused.

"What do I do?" I asked him.

"Nothing, I can do this fast.. I have an idea how we can pass this.. but it depends on what the next phase is." Shalnark responded, not losing his concentration.

A few hours had passed by. I started to get an idea of what Shalnark was making. It was a weird little red device. He coded some things into these pins he also made. He told Emi he had finished.

"I don't think that will work." Emi said, still upset about me eating all the food.

Shalnark threw a pin at the wall, making it fall over. There were cracks on the Metal. He pressed a few buttons that made the wall explode, pieces falling all over the place.

"So, that means we pass phase one, right?" Shalnark asked Emi.

"Well, you pass the first part of the first phase," She rolled her eyes.

"That was boring of a first phase, you're not good with ideas." I said folding my arms.

"You didn't do anything, you haven't passed yet." Emi said, glaring at me.

"Well, you said we have a choice of being in a group of two, but you weren't specific that everyone in that group had to do something. Y/n is partnered up with me."

"W-well.. when I said partners I meant a COUPLE together. If there's a couple that would like to pass together, they can work on this phase as partners.." Emi stuttered.

Shalnark grabbed my waist, he whispered something in my ear quickly.

"Just play along"

He quickly kissed my kips. I felt my entire body heat up. Something went down my spine making me shiver. He forcefully turned me to face her and hugged me from behind. He rested his head on my head.

"Who said we weren't a couple?" Shalnark said to her.

"Y-yeah.. couple." I said trying to play along.

"FINE. You pass this part of the phase," Emi said, rolling her eyes, "NEXT!"

I walked away from the group, and Shalnark walked close behind me. I sat on a rock and curled up into a ball.

'I've had my first kiss already.. I've known what a kiss was and a couple relationships because I've seen some moving out of Meteor city...'

Shalnark sat next to me and played with his device more.

"I guess I'll keep this." Shalnark said, putting the device in his pocket.

-- Shal POV --

"Y/n, I'm sorry. I had to do that otherwise she wouldn't have let you passed." I told her.

"It's fine, I never thought I was going to have my first kiss like that.."

"First kiss?"

'I took her first kiss..'

I looked down to the ground. Thoughts swirling in my mind as my face turned red. I was having weird type of thoughts about y/n.. not the normal type of thoughts..

-- Time skip --
-- Y/n POV --

A few MORE hours have gone by, and many people have been eliminated already.. "How's this a test..?"

"I don't know.. but I know the first phase isn't over yet.. She did say 'you pass the first part of the first phase', meaning it's not over yet.."

Once everyone had gone, about 100 people failed already..

"Alright everyone! Now, you'll be taken into a forest. There will be all sorts of weird creatures there. Your job is to try to take down those creatures with the things you've made!"

She led us to a huge forest.

"You have 2 days."

We all walked into the forest. People ran their own directions. I followed Shalnark.

"Why are we given two days?" I asked him.

"It might take a while to immobilize a creature, and yet kill them," Shalnark finished.

We sat up on a tree, waiting for a while.

"Wouldn't it be better if we look for them instead of waiting?"

"That's not our current objective, at least not mine."

"Then what is..?"

"We're going to make the passer limit much smaller," he said, pulling out his device.

--------------------------------------------

scroll/ click for more ↓