Chapter 3

Chapter edited by a_complicated_life
http://w.tt/1JnLdse

"I..."

"What? 'I'm going to step up for once'? Or 'I'm going to be the hero for once'? Is that what you're trying to say, Kai?"

"No," I say.

"Oh I see, it's 'I'm just going to let my mother died and piss off some very unpredictable guy', then."

Once again, I say, "No."

"Then what were you going to say?"

"Maybe if you shut up a minute, I would tell you!" I yell and this smirk appears on Ronnie's face, and he gets super close again.

"Why so mad?" He whispers in my ear.

I don't dignify that with an answer, and he goes on. "So, would you do it? Will you be the hero, the knight in shining armor? Will you save the day and undoubtably your mom?"

I'm speechless. I did not expect that. I'm so scared, and I just want this to end.

"So what's is it going to be, Kai?"

Do it! Be brave for once, I hear this voice in my head say. For once, I'm compelled to listen to it, and for once I do.

"I'll do it!" I shout, and Ronnie backs away a little bit. At a more respectable distance I would say, but the further i am from him is better for me.

"Oh little Kai, I knew you had it in you," he says. He pauses and has this evil smirk on his face. "I'm going to go now, and I know that you're going to behave well." Then he proceeds to leave the room once again.

I'm all alone in this immaculate white room without even a spec of dust! and I feel once again that I don't belong. As I'm lost in my inner monologue, the doors open again and 3 people enter the room; a male and a female scientist and a republican guard who's holding a box.

As soon as I see them, I flinch and fear consumes me again. The female scientist sits on the chair next to mine and says,"Hello Mister James Brown, I will be the doctor conducting your test today. My name is Lila Fox," and then she starts to disinfect my left arm.

"Fox? Like President Fox?" She says nothing, so I take it as a yes.

"I will be injecting you with the new cure prototype. Are you ready?"

I panick. What if die? What if I never see my mother again? "Wait! My name isn't James Brown! It's Kai Storm, and if I die, tell my mom that it's not her fault and that I love her!"

"What do you mean you're not James Brown? That's not what it's says on my file. Well, it doesn't matter anyway, because you're not going to die," she says.

"Oh that what you people in the Scientist Division always say! My dad believed you, and he's not here today!" I tell her.

She steps closer and whispers in my ear, "I am nothing like the ex head of this Division! I am the scientist who is going to revolutionize the world!" And then she proceeds to inject me with the prototype.

At first, I feel nothing and then all I feel is pain; excruciating pain. So much pain that I black out.

I wake up in this black and red room; there's a fire place and a throne, and there's someone sitting one it. I can't quite figure out who it is yet; the room is dark.

I yell, "Who are you?" The fireplace lights itself up and I can finally see who is sitting on the throne and its ... It's me.

It can't be; I'm here. This me is different; it looks better. It has clothes so fine; I've never seen such fine fabrics before, except maybe on one of the President Fox posters all over the ark or when there's an announcement and the ambassador from lumi comes out.

I look so refined, so prestigious, so elegant. I keep staring, and the other me says, "Why, hello Kai. I've been dying to meet you."

"Oh really?" I say. I must be losing my mind.

"Oh you're not, trust me." It says back to me.

Startled, I ask, "You can read my thoughts?"

"Yes and no." It says back.

"What is that suppose to mean?" I ask.

It gets up, shows me to a chair, and pours a glass of some brown liquid and gives it to me. It then goes back to the throne and asks, "What has this life given to us except misery and suffering?"

"I don't know." And, honestly, I don't.

"Me, you - us - we are one," it tells me.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm the part of you that you always shut down, that you always choose to ignore, that has had enough of this."

"I don't know what to say." I answer.

"Precisely; that is why we are in this situation today. That is why you are risking your life for this. That is why we can't let them treat us this way anymore."

"What was I supposed to do, let mom die?"

"No, but mom shouldn't be in this position either. Kai, we were not meant for this; we're meant for greatness, we're meant to live a better life, and it's time to take it from those who prevent us from having it."

"And how would you do that?" I ask.

"Take my hand, and I swear to you that we will prevail."

I hesitate. What should I do? I don't know. Should I take it? She's right anyways; I have had enough of getting treated this way. This is all a dream anyway. What do I have to lose?

Nothing. I mean I, own nothing anyway. I take it's hand and the pain is back. The room starts to shake and tremble.

"When we wake up, we shall be one again, and we shall bring wrath upon this world."

I black out again.