Chapter 2

Chapter edited by a_complicated_life
http://w.tt/1JnLdse

As I got to bed all I can think is what is Ronnie is going to make me do tomorrow; nothing dangerous I hope.

I'm scared; I don't want to go back.
I just want to have a normal life, whatever that means. I want to live somewhere where the air is not polluted, where I don't have to worry about how much air I clean; where my mom is not sick. I'm just tired of surviving. I just want for once in my life to live.

Not constantly afraid; just to live.

As with these depressing thoughts, I go to sleep. I wake up at exactly 7 am. I have to be in the factory in 30 minutes; plus I'm meeting Ronnie after work at 7pm. As I get ready, I change into my hasmat suit and go by my mothers room. She's still sleeping and sweating just so much.

I move around her bed and her condition is worse and I just have to do something; this is my mom, she's all I have left. If I don't do anything; I just can't. I have to do something .

I go to work and clock in. Jimmy, my best friend and the second gold haired guy in Tene after his dad; they got cast out of lumi after his dad opposed President Fox in Tene, commenting on population living conditions in Tene. They're the only lumi I know quite well; the others are just the republican guards and their royals something if you ask me .

Jimmy, he's the best friend a guy could have; loyal, nice, and funny. I mean, I wish I was the guy, I'm just Kai; not "Kai the this" or "Kai the that", or even with a amazing back story. Just Kai. Sometimes that enough and other times, like today, it isn't .

Today I'm nervous. I don't know what's going to happen tonight and, and I think it shows.

Jimmy says,"Hey are you okay? You've been acting kinda strange these past couple of days, is everything okay?"

I anwser, "Yeah, sure, nothing to worry about."
He tells me," Dude, you don't look fine. Is it because of your mom?"

I say, "No...well, yes, but not entirely. It's just complicated."

"Kai I'm your best friend, or at least I hope I am," he tells me. "So if there sometime you can tell me bro, I'm here. When you have these kinds of moments when it's gets hard and you don't know what to do, I'm here."

Jimmy is a good kid, one the best. "I have a lot going on. I'm sorry, I just can't talk about it yet, but someday I will. Just trust me on this," I say nervously. I know he doesn't want to let this go, but he does anyway, and the rest of the day is spent working in silence. It's a not a awkward silence; it's a pleasant one, like the calm before the storm or when they says it's good before it goes bad.

I walk past a project noir poster. They have invented a new drug yet again, and they're asking for volunteers this time. I don't think they would have much success because of the permanent threat of dying involved in all they do.

The clock rings; it's time to get of work and it's time for me to go back to the black districts. I enter the somber alley, the entrance of Ronnie territory and his "bodyguards", I guess you would called them that , were waiting for me. Once again, they blindfolded me, but this time they spared me the rope, and I was grateful for this small mercy. My wrist still hurt from my past encounter with them.

They take me into flying moped and take me somewhere, and suddenly everything becomes a blur. I've been drugged, I think. Everything is just so strange and out of place. I pass out and wake up in a room so brightly lit, so clean and spotless. I've never seen a room like it; everything is white.

All of a sudden, Ronnie appears and he definitely stands out, as if the room rejected him. I also felt out place, this room was so beautiful in its ways, but it was also uninviting; so cold I felt uncomfortable.

Ronnie says, " Hey,I see you came through. Here what you are going to for me today; you see, one associate of mine got into trouble. Nothing major, don't worry, and it was either prison or the noir project. Of course, it would be bad for me if he went to jail blah bah, you don't need to hear about that. Long story short, you need to take his place."

Panicked to get out of the rope tying me to the chair they must have tied me during my sleep, I struggle.

Ronnie goes on, "And, of course, your mother would be given 3 months worth of supply of antidote. What do you think? Pretty generous of me, right?"

"Are you crazy? I would never associated with project noir; they killed my father!" I say.

He tells me, "Are you going to let them kill your mother this time, or are you going to man up and do this thing?"

"I ....." I say.
Éditer by a_complicated_life
http://w.tt/1JnLdse