Chapter 37

Seth POV:

Dean would always come back to me like the tide coming in again; my body at the shoreline was ready and ambitious to meet it. I realize I might drown in him one day and I will surrender happily as the current drags me under. I feel like I'm drowning in him now as his gaze settles on my face.

I just keep staring at him, not daring to lose a glance at him. The worst part is that I'm not even mad at him. I wished I could be fucking angry at him for storming into my room and giving me a heart attack, especially right now, but rationally I knew he did nothing wrong.

So instead, I just feel shitty and guilty and terrible for reasons that I can't even explain to him. A small part of me thinks maybe he will be able to see all of this, even if he so much as looks at me now. But it's not his fault, so I'm not gonna burden him with any of this.

He doesn't deserve it. He deserves better than me and my useless fucking feelings and my inability to ever just admit to him what I truly am. If he knows something about me, it will end up ruining everything good in my life. And he is the best thing in my life, so I have rather died than ever hurt him.

When I feel comfortable enough in his arms, I pull away from him and take him to the living room. I know he needs to go to work in a couple of hours, so I shouldn't let him with an empty stomach.

I make him sit on the couch before going to Paige's room and waking her up. I get surprised when she's almost ready and slips her jacket on her shoulders before responding to me.

She waves a hand at him without asking any questions and enters the kitchen to prepare something for breakfast. She only knows what she's doing, but it smells fantastic.

A few minutes later, a big smile creeps on my face as he walks over to stay between us. He puts his arm around my waist to rest his hand on my hip as he kisses my cheek and gives her a quick smile.

"Are you still preparing breakfast?" He asks, glancing between us.

I turn around and fall into his arms, literally since I have knocked my hip on the edge of the counter. The stove is still on, so I buckle to the side right into him, who closes his arms around my body.

"Careful, sweet pie." He chuckles at the nickname, but all I do is smile.

I wrap my arms around his neck to press my lips on his into a big fat kiss that cut off his oxygen supply. I have found out over the last month that I enjoy kissing him even so, this is a little over the top, and I raise an eyebrow in suspiciousness, looking over to Paige, who watches me with a smirk on her face.

Dean POV:

Seth's confidence gives me a little confusion because he usually the type of guy who dares to flirt in front of others, especially the way Paige glance at him itch my heart a bit. I look around and find a glass of half wine on the counter, getting a little doubt.

"Did you put something in his water, or why are you grinning like a fucking dumbass?" I ask her, holding him still in my arms.

She raises her hands in innocence, "I didn't do a damn thing. I just handed Seth a glass of wine when he hiccupped, but I did nothing."

My eyes go back on him. The guy certainly doesn't seem much on alcohol, but the way he is clinging to me makes me smile anyway because drunk Seth is adorable and okay; he isn't even that drunk.

Just smiling around like a Cheshire cat showing off the brief gap between his front teeth, which is adorable to me. While still holding him close, I glance at her and ask, "Why you gave that to him while you're ready for work?"

"Because I thought he should take some rest on the comfy bed after spending a night out on the beach." She says and turns off the stove before leaning against the counter. "And he seemed a little upset, so I gave him a day off!"

He pulls free from my grip and nods, "Yeah... I need a day off to cry for my secret bottle. Why did the pearls turn black?!"

I look at him amused because I have seen no one like him who is just crying for a color-changing of pearl. The corners of my mouth raise even more until I'm showing off some teeth on my own, and I lean forward to press a kiss on his lips. "I didn't know." I smile at her too. "And I didn't know what to tell you too, even though you had to waive without the kiss."

"Stupid." She slaps my shoulder and turns around to stir in one of the pots.

"You set the table already?" I ask him, trying to lighten his mood.

"Yeah, I did. You wanna see?" He practically drags me to the dining room where the table is setting. There is nothing valuable to describe it, but it's relatively simple, just like him.