8

After we ate, me and Rosie both had to leave, and Josh gave us a lift home. Rosie was pretty cool, she was only a year older than me and went to a school close to mine. She was big into music, and she even had an album on iTunes. She had apparently lived next to Ross when they were little, but moved when she was six, and then they met at one of the lad's gigs again a while back.

When I got home, I found a note saying that Mum and Jeremy had gone to dinner, and that there was pizza in the fridge if I wanted it. I heated it up and took it to my room. I set up my new CD player and put on The Beatles CD that Josh had given to me. I pulled out my sketchpad and drew a couple of pictures, before getting into my pyjamas and climbing into bed beside Kyle. I finished my pizza and threw the plate onto the floor. After a while, we both fell asleep.

*~*~*~*

For the second morning in a row, I woke up to shouting. I groaned and covered my head with my pillow, trying to drown it out. When that didn't work, I decided to just get up. I took my time getting dressed, slowly putting on my makeup and doing my hair, stalling as long as possible. Eventually I trudged downstairs, where Jeremy was stood yelling at whoever was there. Probably some innocent little girl scout selling cookies.

He heard me and turned, looking outraged. 'So this is fucking Hannah?' He yelled, and I frowned. Hannah was here? I looked past him and saw Josh standing on the step, with his hands awkwardly in his pockets and looking a little... scared?

'No. That's Josh.' I said as calmly as I could. Why was he here? He shouldn't be here. Oh God, I shouldn't have let him drive me home last night.

'Yeah? Well Josh says that you were with him yesterday, not Hannah. What does he mean?!' He glared between us, and I closed my eyes.

'I wasn't with Hannah. Big deal.' I said eventually.

'Yeah, it is a big fucking deal!! You told us you were at Hannah's, you lying bitch!' He screamed and all of a sudden I felt all that rage build up inside me. All that rage from the last three years, from his slaps and language and rules, and, suddenly, I just didn't care anymore.

'Why the fuck do you care?! I screamed at him, and he looked taken aback. 'You don't give two fucking shits about me or my Mum, so why don't you just move the fuck out? God, I hate you!!! I hate you so much!!' I grabbed my bag from the dresser and pushed past him, outside. I saw Josh's car at the end of the drive and slid into the passenger seat. Soon, Josh sat in beside me and started the engine. We drove away from my house in silence. I had no idea where we were going, but at that minute I didn't care at all, I just needed to get away.

'Why did you come to my house?' I whispered, hiding my face in my hands. I was afraid I would cry in front of him again.

'We thought that we would all go bowling, and none of us have your number to call you.' He said softly, glancing at me. I didn't say anything, just sat wishing that I could disappear. He had to find out, didn't he? Everyone always found out. 'Was that your dad?' He asked me and I looked up at him.

'No. He's some twat my mum married when she was drunk. He is not my dad.' He raised his hands off the wheel slightly.

'Woah, okay. Why don't you just leave him?' If only he knew.

'What does it matter to you?' I snapped, and it shut him up. I sat back in my seat and took a few deep breaths. I was just about to apologise, when he looked at me through his fringe.

'It matters because I know what it's like to feel like your parents don't give a shit about you. My Dad is the exact same. He always hated my music. He wanted me to be sporty and smart and... I wasn't. I know what it's like to feel unwanted, Zana. I don't want you to feel the same way, I want you to have a pro-'