5

'Zana, d'ya wanna come out with us? There's a pretty neat pub close by, just a couple minutes walk.' Josh asked me, coming into the living room looking refreshed. I shook my head.

'Nah, I should really be getting home. Mum's probably wondering where I am.' I told him and he looked sort of disappointed.

'Oh okay. Do you want a lift?'

'No thanks, it's not really too far, I can walk.' I told him and he frowned slightly.

'You sure? I don't mind dropping you off.'

'No it's fine, really.' I smiled. He half frowned, half smiled at me.

'Well at least let us walk you half way?' He asked.

'I'll walk with you to the pub.' I told him and he grinned. The other lads walked in, and Evan raised an eyebrow at me.

'You coming with?' He asked. I shook my head.

'Naw. I'll walk with ye though.' He smiled and we all left the apartment. It was just starting to get dark, and the street lamps were slowly getting brighter. We walked along in silence for a bit, only saying the occasional thing to one another. It had been raining, surprise surprise, earlier, and the footpaths were slightly slippy.

'How far away do you live Zana?' Evan asked me.

'Uhm.. About a half hours walk from here, I think.' I estimated.

'That's kind of far, are you sure you don't want a lift?' I shook my head.

'No, it's really okay. I enjoy walking.' I told him and he nodded. Josh and Pete, who were walking ahead of us, were lost in a conversation that had something to do with a base, and Ross was trailing behind me and Evan. I looked back at him and frowned. His hands were shoved in his pockets and his head was hanging.

'You okay Ross?' I asked him, he lifted his head and smiled.

'It's cold.' He said, before looking down again. I laughed.

'Really?' He rolled his eyes at me, giving me the finger. I giggled. 'Ross! That's not very-' I felt myself walk into something hard and fall onto the cold, wet ground. I looked up, sort of dazed and realised I had walked into a lamppost. Ross and Evan were standing in front of me, laughing. I blushed and bit my lip. I had become more comfortable with the guys, but not comfortable enough to fall on my ass infront of them.

'You should really.. watch where you're going.' Ross told me, still laughing. I rolled my eyes and started to stand up, but lost my footing on the slippery footpath and fell again, causing Evan and Ross to laugh even more. I lay on my back, staring up at them.

'This is not funny.' I muttered, and Evan stuck his hand out. I glared at it, making him completley break down.

'It is a bit.' He said when his laughter subsided. I stood up and dusted myself off, sticking my tongue out at them and quickly walking to catch up with Pete and Josh.

'So where's this pub then?' I asked Josh. He pointed to the building at the end of the street and I bit my lip. I was hoping it would be farther. As we neared it, I looked back at Ross and Evan, who sniggered slightly. I shook my head at them, grinning too.

We stopped outside the pub and waited for them to catch up. When they did, we all stood there for a minute.

'Uh, I guess this is goodbye then...?' I said uncertainly.

'Sure it's not, we'll see you again!' Pete exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug. I laughed and gently hugged him back. When we pulled away, Josh nervously hugged me too, followed by Ross. Evan just stood there for a second though, before awkwardly sticking his hand out for me to shake. I laughed.

'C'mere you!' I bear-hugged him, which was quite hard because he was considerably taller and bigger than me, and he chuckled.

'See you soon, Zana.' He said. I waved at them all one last time, and then turned and kept walking. I got a couple streets away, when I realised my bag was missing. And I was still wearing Evan's clothes. I cursed and turned back around, towards the pub again.

I walked inside and looked through the small groups of people, before seeing the boys sitting up at the bar. 'Uhm...' They turned around and looked at me questioningly.

'Couldn't stay away, could you?' Pete winked and I rolled my eyes.

'I left my bag in your apartment. And I'm still wearing your clothes.' I said, mainly to Evan, although Pete was the one who replied.

'Well that just gives you another reason why you have to come back some other day.' He grinned mischievously. I laughed.

'Another?'

'Yeah. To get your bag, and to see the Wonderful Pete again!' He striked a small pose and I shook my head, giggling.

'Whatever.' I turned back to Evan. 'Could I maybe call in tomorrow, if you guys aren't going anywhere..?' I asked him.

'She didn't deny it.' I heard Pete whisper to Ross, who rolled his eyes.

'Sure, I don't think we're going out. Call around five?' He suggested. I nodded.

'Great, thanks. Well, bye, again.' I smiled at them all and began to walk back outside. As I walked past Pete though, he grabbed my arm.

'Stay for a drink?' He asked me, putting on his puppy dog eyes. I giggled. I had never really drank before, apart from maybe trying a sip of Mum's wine, but there had to be a first time for everything, right? I grinned and sat next to him.

'I'll have a..' Shit, I didn't know what any names of any drinks were. What was it I had heard Jeremy say before? 'Uhm, a Bulmers?' I said uncertainly to Pete. He nodded and ordered me one, as I certainly didn't look eighteen yet. More like thirteen.

*~*~*

When I got home, Kyle came running towards me and I bent down, patting his head and giving him a kiss.

'You miss me boy?' I asked him. He barked. 'Jeremy home?' He didn't reply, just raced back into the kitchen, which I took for a yes. He would have stayed with me if Jeremy was here.

'Zanaia? Is that you?' My Mum called from the kitchen, and I followed Kyle. She was wearing her flowery apron and holding a spatula. She came over and hugged me. 'Oh, sweetheart, I was so worried! Where we're you?' She asked me, and I shrugged, pulling away from her, afraid she would smell the alcohol on my breath

'I stayed at Hannah's.' I lied, and she frowned.

'Two men... came by.' She told me, carefully watching my reaction. I tried to hide my surprise.

'Oh, yeah, that was, urm, Hannah's brother and his friend. I was running late, and they got worried. The bus was delayed.' I told her. She still didn't look convinced.

'I thought you and Hannah had a fight..?' Why did she have to remember the small things? I shrugged.

'We're over that now. It was ages ago.' I looked at the time. 'I'm gonna go to bed, I'm really tired. C'mon Kyle.' I walked up to my small room and held the door open for Kyle. He climbed onto my bed and I took Evan's sweats off, but decided to sleep in his tee. I curled up beside Kyle and drifted off.

*~*~*~*

Ahoy there :P
Hope you guys liked this :)
I really like writing this story, just wanted to say xD
Comment what you think, yeah?
Anyway, there might not be an update for a while, I have a busy week.. And I have to take a hugee test on Saturday for this summer course I wanna take and I took the practise test we got mailed today. It made absolutely no sense whatsoever to me, Christ on a bike. It was all, if x minus z equals y what is x? I haven't done algebra yet and oh god I struggled!
Sorry for the that hehe ^.^
Anyways... Yeah, lemme know what you think :)
Also, Zana is pretty clueless about life outside her house, which is why she doesn't know beer or that it's bass or any music and yeah aha
Thanks for reading xx