4

I shyly slid into Ross's bed and he smirked at me. I frowned. 'What?'

'Oh nothing, nothing.' He was still smirking at me. I blushed and looked away, nervous under his steady gaze.

'So how'd you bag your own room?' I asked after a while, turning back to him. His eyes were closed, and he gave me a half hearted shrug.

'I'm the youngest. I get everything I want.' I laughed, a little surprised, and we fell silent. Soon, Ross's soft, peaceful snores filled the room, and my eyelids drooped. My sleep was far from peaceful though

I ran down the road, yelling for help, knowing it was useless but never stopping, just incase, just incase someone heard. I could hear his heavy footsteps behind me, getting closer, no matter how fast I ran, he was always, always quicker.
I turned onto a new street, looking around for somebody, anybody, but it was empty, just the same as the last three. I was losing my breath,  and he was only a few steps behind me. I felt tears sting my eyes as I realised there was no way I would get away from him, not this time. I closed my eyes and stopped running, taking a deep breath and thinking of happy things, of sunflowers and rainbows and butterflies.
'Well, looky here' I heard his deep, gravelly voice growl, and I opened my eyes. We were in a warehouse again, this one dark and damp. There were no crates in this one though, no shelves either. It was just a wide, open space that smelt vaguely of fish. I could see a crack of light on the far wall, and started towards it, desperate to get out, but after several steps I was jerked back and I realised my hands were cuffed and chained to a wall. 'Zana, Zana, Zana, when will you ever stop falling back into my arms?' He walked around me, the small crack of light illuminating his face. I felt tears run down my cheeks as he pulled a knife from his boot and turned it, making it glint.
'Please...' I whispered and he chuckled, unamused.
'Oh Zana, I really thought that we were over the begging by now... Do you not feel comfortable with me yet?' He asked. Tears streamed down my face and I didn't reply. His face contorted and he lunged forward, slashing the front of my tee open, cutting my stomach. 'Answer me!' He roared and I sobbed, shaking my head.
'No! No I don't!' I screamed at him, and he glared at me. Suddenly, the others were there too, all holding knives, and I began to shake. He grinned at his friends.
'She ain't got nobody. All ours.' They all ran towards me, laughing evily and ready to cut me up.

I sat bolt upright and gasped. I was shaking and covered in sweat. I ran my hands over my stomach, back and legs, breathing heavily and counting. Four... Seven... Eleven... Nineteen... Twentyfive... Thirtythree... Thirtythree. My breathing slowed down and I opened my eyes. Light leaked through the thin curtains, illuminating the small, messy room. I looked around and jumped when I saw a boy sitting next to me, staring. I felt alarmed, ready to run, when I remembered who he was. Ross.

'A-are you okay?' He asked me quietly, concerned. I nodded uncertainly, and cleared my throat, not trusting my voice.

'Yeah,' I coughed slightly. 'Yeah, I'm, uh, I'm fine. Bad dream. Sorry.' He frowned, not looking convinced, but let it pass. 'Did I wake you?' I asked him, and he nodded frowning. I cringed. 'Sorry. I'll go..'

'You don't have to, it's okay.' He said softly, but I shook my head, standing up.

'I can never sleep in the mornings.' I told him, and he nodded before rolling back under the duvet. I slipped out if the room and into the kitchen. I filled the kettle with water before searching for tea bags.

'You know, it helps to turn it on.' I twirled to face a tired looking Josh flicking the switch on the kettle. I flushed.

'Oops.' He reached over my head and opened a press, pulling out some Advil. He swallowed two dry, then pointed to another press.

'Teabags.' He said, and I nodded gratefully, pulling out a box of them. I asked if he wanted some and he nodded. I took out two mugs and watched the kettle, waiting for it be done. 'Um, Zana..?' Josh said, a little nervously, and I glanced up at him.

'Mmm-hmm?'

'Pete, uh, Pete said that I said some stuff to you last night that kind of upset you...?' I turned back to the kettle and he continued. 'I just wanted to say sorry, I didn't mean any of it. Hell, I can't even remember anything.' He chuckled slightly but stopped when I didn't join in. 'Do you think, that, maybe, you could forget about it?' The switch on the kettle popped up and I poured two mugs of tea. I picked them both up and handed one to Josh.

'Forget about what?' I asked him, and his face lit up, smiling. I grinned and sipped my tea.

'Oi where's mine?' Pete asked, coming in and nodding towards the tea. I rolled my eyes at him and poured another mug. We all drank our tea in silence. I finished mine and washed my mug before placing it on the draining board.

'You doing anything today?' Josh asked me and I shook my head no.

'Nah. I'll probably head home soon.' I told him, and he frowned.

'You could stay round here for a while if you wanted?' He offered and I thought about it for a second. Going home would mean a hungover Jeremy and a hungry Kyle. I wasn't in the mood for Jeremy right now, and didn't have any food for Kyle. Mum would be home later, though. She would bring him some. And Jeremy wouldn't even notice I'm gone, so it's not like I would be missed by them. But Mum would worry. She would worry a lot. But then, what harm could a few more hours do? I shrugged.

'Why not?'

*~*~*

'No I didn't! That was you!' Pete yelled, pointing at Josh who was in fits of laughter. We were in Pete's and Evan's room, and they were telling me embarrassing stories about each other. Ross was sitting in the corner, shades on and shaking his head slowly, smirking slightly. Evan was lying on his bed, looking unamused and bored. Pete and Josh were on the floor, leaning against the beds and laughing at each other's embarrassment. I was sat next to Evan, grinning at them.

'No, I remember! And then she left and you were just standing there with vomit on your shirt!' Josh exclaimed, exploding into laughter again. Apparently, Pete had tried to get off with a girl one time, but had forgotten he was sharing a room with Josh. Josh had sat up in his bed and given him a fright, making him spew all over the girl, but Pete wouldn't admit it. He shook his head.

'Naw man, that was you.' Pete said matter-of-factly, before standing up and leaving the room. Evan leaned over to me.

'It was actually Pete.' He whispered to me, and I laughed.

*~*~*~*

Hey guysss :)
Sorry for the late update again, I've been super busy lately x.x
Anyway, tell me what you think, or suggestions :)
Also if you'd like to be in it, just ask.
And I had to change the chapter titles, I couldn't think of anything aha
Thanks for reading! x