7

I knocked on the door of the boys' apartment, and waited a few minutes for the door to open. Pete opened it and stood there, grinning.

'Hey, Pete...' I said, wary of his unwavering smile. He laughed and pulled me inside. He pushed me past the kitchen and living room, down the hall and into his and Evan's bedroom. Evan and Josh were sitting on the beds smiling. Pete ordered me to sit on one of the beds, and I did.

'So what's all this about?' I asked, frowning at all of their grinning faces.

'Guess what?' Pete asked, siting down across from me.

'Uh, you guys... got a dog?' I asked, and Evan frowned.

'Why would we be excited about getting a dog?' He said, looking at me weirdly. I shrugged.

'I was really excited when I got my dog...' They all stared at me for a minute, and then Pete grinned again.

'No, we didn't get a dog. Ross got a girlfriend!' He yelled, and I frowned.

'Uh...'

'Ross never has a girlfriend! Not since we were, what, thirteen?' I laughed a little at their excitement about their friend having a girlfriend.

'Okay... Did you meet her yet?' I asked them, and Josh shook his head.

'No, but she's coming over for dinner later.'

'You have to eat here, too! Just so, like, she doesn't feel weird about being the only girl, you know?' Pete exclaimed and I shrugged. Mum wasn't expecting me home anytime soon.

'Sure.' He grinned. 'But what are ye making?' I asked. Evan shrugged.

'Pasta.' I shook my head.

'No, you can't just make pasta! Make something that's nice.' I said, and Josh frowned.

'But we just went and bought loads of pasta...' He said, and I laughed, walking into their kitchen. I went through the cupboards again, but the only thing that was there that wasn't yesterday was pasta.

'Wait, you're serious?' I asked Josh, and he nodded. I shook my head and laughed. 'Well make, like, pasta salad or, I don't know, pasta bake? Don't just make pasta!' I said and Pete shrugged.

'We could make pasta with cheese?' He suggested. I rolled my eyes.

'Where's my bag?' I asked them. Evan gestured for me to follow him, and I did. He sat down on the sofa and handed my bag to me. I opened it to make sure everything was in it, before closing it again and sitting next to Evan.

'They don't know how to cook pasta.' He said quietly, looking into the kitchen where Pete and Josh were arguing. I laughed.

'What do you guys do for food?' I asked and he shrugged.

'We usually get take-outs.' I nodded and we sat there for a while. I was looking forward to meeting Ross's new girlfriend, hopefully she would be around my age. And she wouldn't know anything about me, so she might actually decide if she liked me or not herself. I heard Pete yell from the kitchen. Evan walked in and I followed. Pete was glaring at Josh, who was leaning on the countertop, laughing.

'What happened?' I asked.

'Josh burnt me!' Pete exclaimed, pointing at the back of his hand, which was all red. I laughed.

'Why'd you do that, Josh?' I asked him, looking at Pete's hand.

'I said I would cook it, but he kept on trying to take over!' He pouted. I rolled my eyes and told Pete to rinse his hand under cold water. I pushed Josh out of the way and stirred the pasta, which was beginning to burn a little. I turned the ring off and drained the pasta. I put it into a big bowl and searched through the fridge. Thankfully, they had basil and tomatoes. I chopped them up and put it in on top of the pasta.

'Do you guys have olive oil?' I asked, and Evan got some out for me. I poured a bit in, and mixed it up. 'When are they coming?' Evan looked at the time.

'I think around half five?' It was quarter past now. I nodded and looked through more of the presses. They had barely any food at all, and the stuff they did have was all either junk food or stuff you would only use once a year. I managed to pull out a couple of apples and celery. I cut them up and mixed them with some mayonnaise. I sprinkled salt and pepper on it, and put the two bowls on the table.

Josh got some plates and cutlery, and I took out glasses and laid the table. I heard the door close and hushed voices came from hallway. I looked at the boys, who looked unsure if they should go out, or wait for them to come in.

'Hey guys.' Okay, so we waited for them to come in. I looked up at Ross and frowned.

'Hey. Where's the girl?' Pete asked.

'She'll be in now, she just wanted to use the bathroom.' He looked at the table, and then to us again. 'You did not make that.' He said, and I laughed.

'Nope, I did.' Ross nodded.

'That would make sense.' Someone knocked on the kitchen door and a girl entered, smiling shyly. She was really pretty, she had long, dark hair and her eyes were the deepest shade of blue I had ever seen. She was wearing a red skater dress, and red heels.

Ross walked over to her and smiled widely. 'Guys, this is Rosie. Rosie this is Josh, Pete, Evan and Zana.' He introduced us, and we all sat down. I smiled across the table at Rose and she grinned back.

*~*~*

Heya friends :)
Wasn't really sure about this chapter :/
But please let me know what you think yeah? :D
And I'm totally open to suggestions :)
Thanks for reading xxx