3

I giggled as we entered the apartment building, dripping wet and freezing. I had put my sweater on over my clothes, but the water had soaked through leaving me soggy and uncomfortable. We took the lift up to the floor their apartment was on, and Evan knocked on the door. Pete opened it and raised an eyebrow at us. We walked inside and Evan went down the hallway towards his room to change. I stood in the living room, unsure what to do, until Evan's head poked around the door.

'Well come on, you'll get sick if you stay in those clothes.' He gestured for me to come after him, and I walked towards him. As I was passing a door, it opened and Josh came out. He had no jacket on, and his shirt was half open. His hair was all ruffled up, and he looked a fine mess. He scowled at me, but I just smiled back.

'Hey, J-'

'Oh don't even start with that shit Zana!' He exclaimed, pushing me out of the way and into the living room. I frowned at Evan, and followed him after Josh.

Josh grabbed a bottle from the top of a cabinet and took a swig, then pointed at me accusingly.

'What the fuck?!' He yelled and I glanced over at Pete, who put his hand to his mouth and signalled that Josh had been drinking. No shit. 'What the fuck, Zana?! Where the hell were you?!' He glared between Evan and me.

'We were just at the beach.' I told him calmly, and then giggled a little. 'It was actually so funny! Evan fell into the water head first and then he go-'

'Shut up Zana! Shut up! You weren't supposed to be with Evan! You were supposed to be with me!' He yelled, kicking the wall. I walked towards him slowly.

'What do you mean?' I asked him, taking the bottle out of his handing placing it back on the cabinet.

'I mean, I invited you here, not Evan! So that means you stay with me, not Evan!' I glanced back at Evan, who was smirking slightly. I turned to Josh again.

'No, Josh. I'm not yours. I can do whatever I like.' I told him, maybe a little too harshly. I knew he was drunk, so he probably didn't mean anything he said, but I couldn't help feeling a little frustrated at him for it. He pushed past me again, and flopped down on the sofa, his hand running through his hair.

'I broke up with her because of you.' He said quietly. Pete suddenly disappeared and Evan frowned at me questioningly. I shrugged. 'I broke up with her because of you, and then you go and fuck my mate!' He raised his voice and my head snapped back to him.

'What?!' I yelled, and he stood up again and glared at me.

'I broke up with her because I like you, and you went and fucked Evan like you couldn't give a damn!' I felt my face heat up as I realised what he was implying.

'You think I would... You think I would screw someone?' I shouted. This was unbelievable!

'Well why the fuck not, eh?'

'Because I'm 15 you eejit! And I only fucking met him!' Josh turned and flicked his hand at me.

'Just leave! I was the one who invited you here, so I can kick you out! Piss off!' He yelled, before grabbing his bottle and going back to his bedroom. I bit my lip and grabbed my bag from the armchair and ran out of the apartment, tears streaming down my face. It wasn't even that he kicked me out, it was that he thought I would screw somebody at fifteen.

*~*~*

I hugged my knees close to my chest as I sat in the alleyway for the second time that day. I was still in my soaking clothes, shivering every time the slightest wind blew past.

'Zana?' I heard someone call my name and I looked up. Pete was stood in front of me, looking worried. 'Zana what are you doing? You'll freeze. Come on, come back to the apartment.' I shook my head.