chapter 6

Trigger warning!!!!

Mentions of death and blood

-----------------------------------------------

Third person pov

An amber glower was cast over Techno from the dying fire in the corner, crackling quietly the sound of pages turning creating a calm atmosphere in the small house. The hybrid was sat in a crisp white shirt and black trousers, the traditional blood red cape folded over on another chair nearby. Techno was sat in a stuffed armchair in the corner of the room skimming through an old dusty passage before closing it and resting it on his lap, breathing a sigh. He tucked a small strand of his light pink hair behind his pale pointed ear, the rest twisted into a delicate braid that lay over his shoulder, accompanied by his golden crown that sat tilted on his head in a lazy manner. He gently took off his golden frame glasses from in front of his ruby eyes and put the book on a small side table next to him and stretched slightly, groaning as his bones popped from being in that position for so long even thought it felt like it had been minutes. Suddenly he was disturbed by a soft knocking at the spruce door.

Technoblade's pov

I tense looking at the door, my guard up and on high alert, Phil had gone out to collect resources all day, and Wil had gone off to who knows, where so who was at the door? I look out the window and see a dark figure just outside the door, as well as a growing blizzard. Netherite sword in hand, I approach the window, sigh and see it's just Wil, but there's another thing hiding behind him. Before realising the snow at this level could be fatal for him and his ghostly complexion. "Wil? What are you doing it's fre-" A small, almost inaudible whimper came from behind my twin, "T-Tommy?" My little brother stood hiding behind Wil, trying to make himself as small as possible.

Third person pov

The normally stoic blood god's face was painted with a surprised look, Wilbur making a protective stance and looking back at Tommy, giving silent reassurance to his baby brother who obviously was looking scared and uncomfortable looking at one of his brothers that he didn't even remember. Techno finally broke the tense silence by saying, "I thought- You know what come in and you can explain what he is doing hear." making a pointed look at Tommy, the shock of seeing his exiled brother wearing off enough for him to speak and come to his senses, with an accusatory tone directed at his other sibling. Wilbur relaxed slightly but put a protective arm around the shaking boy that eyed the pink haired male with fear and distrust.

Wilbur's pov

Tommy and I entered Techno's home and was immediately welcomed by the warmth of the fire that contradicted the atmosphere immensely. I sat Tommy down on the sofa and sat beside him rubbing his arm, hoping to calm him down from his fragile state. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea... Tommy is obviously not comfortable and Tech seems cold and we've barely walked in the house! I was disrupted from my thoughts when Techno broke the silence once gain with a gasp, "Are those wings Tommy?!" Techno looked at the pure white plumage, jaw dropped. "When did you grow those, why do you look like that and why aren't you in exile?!" Tommy looked down at his lap shifting under Techno's intense gaze. "Hey give him a minute to rest, we've been traveling for a while Techno." Techno is taken back from my harsh tone and nodded lightly. "I've got a spare room upstairs I'll go get it ready." He hurried upstairs with a dazed look on his face.

I turned around and looked at Tommy lifting up his face so I could look at him in the eyes. "Hey, are you okay bubs?" I whisper softly, using an old nickname. He looked up at me with vulnerable eyes and said, "I-I kind of recognise him... he seems so familiar but whenever I look into his eyes I just get so confused. Am I scared? Or do I want run and hug him, and why? I-I just..." I pull him in close to my smoking body, rubbing his large wings "It's going to be okay bubs, I'm here, I'll protect you." I then hear soft coos sounding from his chest. Oh my good god that was the cutest thing I've ever heard! I smile and squeeze him once more and pull away just as Techno returns.