Neighbours

You started getting ready for your 'best friend time' with
c/n. You always enjoyed going to his house and play games and watch movies. You took his house keys from under your house mat, you kept it with your house keys. You still remember the day he gave them to you.

You went to his house for your movie day, and knocked the door. "Hey! You ready?" He asked, ushering you in. "Yep, as always. You?" You replied.
"Yep! Which movie today?"
"Umm, I think I wanna watch a scary movie tonight."
"Okaay, then Conjuring 2?"
"Sure! Put it on, I'll make popcorn. I brought extra."
You walk in the kitchen freely, searching for a bowl after you made the popcorn. You were very comfortable here, as you had been coming here since 5 years.
"Are you done?" C/n asked.
"Y-yeah, just a second!"
You got a bowl from the cupboard, and got to the living room, sitting next to him.
You had a lot of jumpscares in that movie, but you enjoyed it. You decided to watch a new scary movie the next day, just to keep the trend going. As you started leaving, he ran to you saying that he would escort you. You accepted, as it was nothing new to you. You both came up to the door, when he bent down and took a key from under the pot. He gave it to you, saying," Here, its my house key, and don't worry its extra. I want you to have it, so you can come whenever you want." You smiled brightly, accepting it. After giving him a hug and a chaste kiss to his cheek, you rushed home, leaving him blushing on his porch.
You laughed as you remembered his expression and put your shoes on. You ran over to his house and opened the door, expecting him to be laying on the couch, surfing through TV channels. But what you saw was nowhere near what you expected.
C/n was there, on the couch, but, he was sitting there with
R/b/n, a girl from your school, hands interlocked. He had not noticed you coming in, so you had time to see what's going on. What he then did shocked both you and R/b/n. He leaned and kissed her, on her lips. She was shocked, yes, but she kissed back immediately. You were just standing there. What were you even going to do? When they started full on making out, only then you came out of your reverie. The keys fell to the floor, making a sound. They both pulled away and looked at you. Then you realised the tears falling uncontrollably from your eyes. You ran out of the house, straight to your home, and ignoring your mom's questions, you went to your room and started crying.
After a few minutes, there was a knock on your bedroom door. You turned and asked,"What do you want? I want to be left alone for some time." A voice, very familiar to you replied,"I- I need to talk to you."
"But I don't want to talk. I left the key at your house. I don't think I am going to be coming for a few days."
"No, please, listen to me. I had come to give it to you. Please talk to me. I need to know the reason why you're crying. I'm your best friend. Please."
That word!
You got up from the bed, and opening the door, you pulled him in.
"You want to know why I'm crying? Fine! I am crying because I just saw you freaking making out with someone. I am crying because my heart broke at that. I am crying because I'm in love with my best friend. I am crying because that best friend is you. I am crying because I know you don't return the feelings. I am crying because you will never love me like I love you."
As you said this, he pulled you in a hug, not able to understand why you would ever think that he won't love you the way you love him.
"I love you, y/n. Why would you think that I won't feel the same? I kissed her because I was trying to find you in her. I knew you wouldn't like me like I like you, so I tried to move on. But when I saw you there, with that heartbroken expression, I knew I made a mistake. So I got rid of her and came to you. I'm sorry. Will you be mine?"
You were smiling big at that moment. You pulled him by his shirt and kissed him. He kissed back with the same passion.
"Does that answer your question?"
"Yep."

A/n: I know I promised to put 2 or more chaps guys, but my account is acting weird and I'm not able to post chaps. Sorry, I'll try, but I won't be able to post more today. 😭😭