CHAPTER 11: Himawari's conference

Uzumaki Boruto

He had had many instances in his life when he had been admitted to the hospital and his mother worrying her mind out because of it. But there weren't many days in which the information didn't reach his mother. And this time, as Boruto thought, maybe that was the case.

Boruto stared at the full moon as he headed home from the hospital, Sarada and Mitsuki had already departed to the Hokage building, so he had to walk alone... well, not that he was complaining, but still, it would have been much more fun with his friends around.

The lights were all turned on in his house, indicating his mother and sister were present there and had not gone to visit his grandpa, whom Boruto planned to visit after a good night's sleep, tomorrow. He rang the bell once and waited patiently for the door to be opened by his cute little sister. But surprisingly, this time, his mother answered it. "I'm home, Okaasan"

"Welcome home Boruto, I heard you went on another mission with Mitsuki and Sarada, is that why you're late?" she asked him kindly, not knowing at all of his tragic incident, which had caused him to stay at the hospital for half the day.

"Oh, yeah. But I arrived earlier dattebasa, I had a blackout... so, I had to get admitted and—" his mother's face, like Boruto, had predicted, quickly lost its colour and worry coated it.

"What happened? Why? are you okay? Did anyone hurt you? Why didn't anyone inform me you were in the hospital?" his mother rambled quickly taking him by the shoulders and hugging him. A smile formed on his face. Boy, how much he had missed this when he had been travelling away from the village... his mother herself was one of the main reasons Boruto wanted to stay in the village...

"I'll try answering mom, so, I was about to confront these rogue brothers but I fainted for some reason and I don't know why. Yes, I am definitely okay, no one hurt me mom... for the last part, I don't know that myself dattebasa!" Boruto answered taking a deep breath while his mother pulled away.

"I see... I just finished cooking dinner, please go call Himawari, she's in her room" his mother asked. Boruto nodded and removed his ninja sandals.

He knocked on her door for the third time, and he still didn't receive an answer. So, he slowly opened it and walked in. there was a small lump under the bedsheet on her bed, oh, she was asleep... well, he had to wake her then.

"Hey Hima, Hima! Mom's done cooking dinner, I heard she made steak!" his tiny sister still didn't reply so he tried nudging her sleeping form a little.

She woke slowly and sat straight on her bed to rub her eyes, "Oniichan? You're back?"

"Yeah, mom's cooked dinner already, let's go eat..." he whispered trying to excite her about dinner because she pretty much looked drained of energy right now.

"Ok..." she responded but before he could leave the room Hima called him back, "Oniichan, can you train with me after dinner?"

Boruto smiled, giving her a thumbs-up, "of course dattebasa!" he would have politely refused if it hadn't been his sister; he was an inch away from falling asleep... but still, he didn't want to see his younger sisters' eyes lose hope or the profound excitement.

After a happy dinner and fun training session with his little sister, Boruto removed his jacket and threw it before jumping on the bed. He had taught Himawari how to apply chakra more effectively in the shuriken since her aim was already good, she could even curve it perfectly. She had been pretty interested in learning the Rasengan, which, with no success, only drained her of chakra... but by the end of the training session, she had even thanked him and asked to train her more often which he had obviously agreed to.