CHAPTER 37: The Jōgan's new ability.

Nara Shikadai

As his first step dug into the ground, everything miraculously turned silent, and all he could hear was a whirlwind. Shikadai desperately tried putting his hands together to engulf his body in shadows before the puppet exploded, but his eyes never left Boruto.

The blonde's eyes closed as he took the second step, lightning surrounded him, and the power his body radiated could be felt even from here. Shikadai never got to see him take the next step as a blue streak passed.

The puppet exploded just in time as he covered himself in shadows. The force of the blast threw him back.

Mitsuki, Sarada, Cho-Cho, Daiki, Inojin, and every other person standing there watched Boruto, whose left eye was closed and the Jōgan was active, demolished puppets effortlessly. His face was devoid of the emotion he'd had the last time he screamed.

Boruto casually dodged and attacked the puppets like he'd been doing this for years as a living, no puppet entering past him. He wrecked them all.

"Lightning style: thunderclap arrow" his voice sounded forced and calm, even Shikadai didn't know what and why that was. The white lightning pierced four puppets standing in a row right through their man-made scientific hearts. They all fell to the ground and broke down. People began cheering loudly, not listening to the Chunin trying to guide them away from harm.

Shikadai stood helpless, watching as his best buddy savagely destroyed the opponents. This wasn't Boruto, and he knew it; something else was going on in here that he couldn't figure out because he was certain it wasn't Momoshiki Otsutsuki either.

"Oh, dear!" A happy voice boomed from behind them. Shikadai and the rest of his friends jerked their heads back instantly, and the team 7 members growled at the sight. "Our friends are here, younger brother!"

Sarada quickly activated her red eyes, and Mitsuki gripped his twin swords fiercely. "This won't go like last time," the silver-clothed brother couldn't finish his sentence as Boruto showed in front of him, and in the second's gap, he grabbed the talking enemy's face in his hand and slammed it into the background with such force that the guy's head burst and blood splattered on Boruto's hands.

"No, no, Sachi, MY BROTHER!" The second guy morphed into a silver chakra aura and charged at Boruto at rapid speed. On the other hand, the blonde just took a step to the side and snatched the second brother's chest in his palms. Boruto examined the scared foe's face before he slapped the older brother to the ground with one hand. The guy's chest erupted and he coughed up blood as tears streamed down his cheeks. "Sachi—"

Boruto's pale blue and black eye expanded manically as he returned his gaze to the army of puppets before bending forward and disappearing in a flash toward them. As they approached the dying soul, Sarada's eyes were filled with fear. If it wasn't Boruto, then who was it?

"Please... save him, my brother!" The man cried, struggling for air as the colour fled him and tears streamed freely. "I led him into this, he didn't want to hurt others, he—he" more blood out, "he was innocent, he only wanted to be by my side and—" nearly dead, "he only wanted to be cool, please save him!"

Sarada nodded, her eyes filling with sympathy. Shikadai's heart broke by the scene, and the older brother's desire to save his innocent younger brother with his last breath, even though he already knew the younger brother was dead. Was this what desperate hope looked like? The image of the brother's body going limp and his eyes rolling backwards was sickening. Boruto was responsible for this.

Uzumaki Boruto

The moment he woke in Momoshiki's domain again, he knew shit was going wrong.
Boruto glared about, looking for the cretin who'd summoned him here. And, as if the deity had heard him, he said, "You're here by your own volition, or more accurately, the volition of the Jōgan." Boruto bravely confronted the levitating god. "Do you see what your eye can do?" he asked, an awful smile on his pale face.