CHAPTER 33: His power

Though his surrounding was enveloped in complete darkness; Kawaki used his sense to detect and fight, which was trouble enough. These shinobi weren't going to make him sweat anyway... he regretted saying that the next second.

The iron sand launched towards him as he raced at a breakneck pace toward the trio. Shinki's arms were stretched on his sides, and the rate of the iron pursuing him seemed to pick up, but so did Kawaki's.

The blondie girl brought her hood down and clutched her hair in her hand before slamming it against the pavement. Sound waves... following his quick guess, Kawaki immediately expanded his arm and used it as a barrier from the sound reaching his ears.

It worked until a puppet sprung from beneath him. He obviously avoided that too, crushing the puppet with a single strike.

Kawaki began running toward the puppet user this time, ignoring the other two and dodging Shinki's sand.

The masked guy pulled out a long, thin sword from his back and countered Kawaki's strike effectively. But he was thrown back as Kawaki's hit had housed far more power than he could ever muster. One down... to the next.

But when he turned around, the girl had disappeared. Probably after the Kazekage... he had to wrap this up quick before they arrived.

Shinki's sand rushed toward him as Kawaki ran towards, all while digging and breaking through the iron.

He eventually got in range and went straight for the blow, but Shinki managed to sidestep and coat his hand in iron just in time before punching him in the chest extremely hard.

Kawaki flew back a few meters but landed on his feet nonetheless.

'Try again', he told himself. 'Relying on that thing all the time won't help.'

So he rushed forward again toward Shinki, and as he went in for the punch, the latter caught his fist before it could make contact with his damn calm face, and his iron began coating Kawaki.

Well, he asked for it...

Kawaki broke free of the iron sand and jumped back easily as his glowing red karma seal began spreading to his eyes. At least now Shinki displayed surprise.

The power he felt at that moment was inexplicable; it was as though the force came from a far more powerful source. This was only the beginning of it.

Shinki must've comprehended it too because he had drawn his hand back and was waiting for Kawaki to make the first move. And that's exactly what he did.

Kawaki was aware that he was incredibly quick in his base alone, but the pace he now possessed was simply incomparable. The only thing he could see clearly blurred in the distance as he ran toward Shinki. He could feel the cool but strong wind against his skin.

Shinki turned around quickly when Kawaki appeared behind him and attempted to shoot him in the stomach. But because of the damned iron; he survived. Kawaki quickly ducked in order to avoid Shinki's momentary iron sword swing.

He quickly jumped back and charged again, not taking a second's break. Shinki really was a good fighter, he hadn't wasted a moment either, immediately sending his sand charging toward Kawaki right after.

He was aware that his acceleration was an impediment to Shinki, and maybe the Kazekage's son was aware of this as well. Since he appeared to be intending to hold Kawaki at a safe distance from his body.

Kawaki finally managed to land a hit on the iron sand user's cheek, a long gash opened and blood streamed as Shinki jumped back and made a fist gesture with his hand. All of a sudden, Kawaki's leg bones began breaking, he could even hear the sounds. The pain almost felt unbearable for a moment before he made a red energy blast by the iron crushing his legs and fell back feeling his wounds and fractures heal.