CHAPTER 36: Invasion!

Based on Sasuke's expression, he was probably bothersome after all.

Boruto had been questioning his master during their journey, and Hanabi had done nothing to assist Sasuke either.

"So, Sasuke-san, do you reckon I was stronger than you when you were my age?" Sixty-seventh question.

Sasuke's eyebrow twitched in annoyance before he answered, "no"

"What!?" murmured Boruto, "really...?"

Hanabi perked in, "they were at war by your age Boruto, Sasuke-sama was already in the levels of a high Kage by sixteen, alongside Lord Seventh"

Sasuke sighed, probably relieved he didn't have to reply. "Aw, man... sucks" Boruto muttered.

"In terms of experience, I was miles ahead at your age, I had already fought all five Kage solo, I fought Kakashi—"

"No way!" Boruto's eyes widened in awe, his master was so cool... "You fought Old man Kakashi too!?" Hanabi looked interested too.

''Yes"

"Who won?"

"I would've lost if Naruto hadn't intervened," Sasuke-san supposed.

Boruto's eyes widened in more surprise, "Kakashi-occhan was stronger than you? I've never thought he could even fight you!"

"He was hailed and feared as one of the strongest and smartest shinobi of time, he was my teacher after all," Sasuke explained nonchalantly. "When we fought, he had higher levels of battle experience than me, that's why I would've lost"

"No kidding..."

"He was brought up in a warring era, did you think he easily lived through life?" Sasuke-san glanced sideways at him. "No one's life is as easy as it seems"

"I know" Boruto smiled again, "but just watch Sasuke-san, Hanabi-neechan, I'm going to surpass all of you!"

Hanabi grinned and slapped him on the shoulder affectionately, "now that's the spirit!"

"So, at my age, do you think Kakashi-occhan could have beaten me?" Boruto raised his eyebrows, waiting enthusiastically for a negative answer.

"Yes," Boruto groaned. Sasuke-san smiled at his childishness, "he was in the ANBU and was highly trained, he had the Sharingan, and he was a smarter strategist than Shikamaru. At your condition now, he can beat you"

"My condition now?"

"No karma, no Jōgan" Sasuke frowned but didn't say anything further.

"So, if I had my Jōgan—"

"You would've still lost," Sasuke said, closing his eyes. "You have no control over it, and it doesn't help you any better, Kakashi's Sharingan would've just evened it out"

"How did Old man Kakashi get the Sharingan in the first place dattebasa?" Boruto raised an eyebrow confusedly. He wasn't an Uchiha, was he?

"A friend gave it to him"

"Eh!? You can give people your eyes!?" Boruto stared in shock as both his aunt and Sasuke-san nodded. "Isn't that painful...?"

Sasuke-san smirked at his question as if it were funny. "Anyway, transplanting eyes like that is no easy task, there should be an able medical ninja with you, and your body's immune system should be compatible with the eye"

"Kakashi sensei's body accepted the Sharingan even though he wasn't an Uchiha?"

Sasuke squinted his eyes at the front gates of Konoha which appeared in the distance now. "He even unlocked the Mangekyo Sharingan with it, not to mention Kakashi even had the ability to use Susanoo for a while"