Chapter 8: Trust me?

I hope you like this chapter. 

Natasha

I look at him and sigh and I took a step back telling him 'no' and his hand drop.

We stood there in silence just looking anywhere but us.

"Can we talk Nat....in private?" he said and I nodded as we made our way to the balcony.

Once the door was shut Barnes pull me to a hug. And I froze. I noticed by now that he was wearing a black tuxedo with a bow. He indeed look handsome. But that didn't matter now.

(Barnes Attire)

I brutally pull away, and turn my back to look out at the city

"Natasha, I am sorry I hurt you. I am sorry that I accuse you at your apartment and I am sorry I call you a whore went you not one. Please forgive me" he said but I ignore him. Did he really think I will forgive that easily.

"Please don't ignore me Nat" and I didn't say anything.

"Natasha you killing me, at least look at me" he said.

"What do you want me to say Barnes" I said without looking at him.

"First you said I cheated on you without explaining why you thought that. Then you called me a whore." I stated calmly. "Something that many people have call me for a long time and then you just going to slap me in the face with it. Then you come  back to me and accuse me of having something with Clint, I explain to you what happen yet you still didn't believe me." I scoff. "You are the father of my child, and I know you going to be there for him or her. But I don't know if me and you can go to the way we were" I said taking a deep breath. "So I only got a question for you Barnes?" I said turning around, facing him.

"Do you trust me?"I said even though a part of me knew the answer. He open his mouth and started stuttering.

"I-Nat-I-no-I " he said hesitated. Deep inside me I still love him, it string to know he didn't trust me.

"You can be there for the baby, I can't take that away from you, but me and you can't be together, there needs to be trust for a relationship to work" I said and he look down.

"But I do trust you" he said with tears in his eyes. 

"You a terrible liar" I said in a whisper as my throat tighten.

"This is for the best Barnes, I don't want the baby to grow in an unhealthy environment" I said 

"Can we still be friends?" he said bitting his lip as a tear slip escaped his eye.

"Yes for the baby" I said walking to the door he nodded.

"For the baby" he repeat. And I felt my heart break at the sound of his voice. He sound defeated.

I was trying my best to keep compose so I quickly walk back in and to the back of the room to sit close to the windows thankfully everyone was busy dancing and drinking so the place where I sat was empty.