Chapter Eleven

"Kou, are you sure this is a good idea?" Yukiko Nakamura spoke quietly, standing in the comfort of her own home. She picked lightly at the cotton of her red long sleeve, her black hair spilling down her shoulders. "I'm still a little upset from last week, and I don't know how comfortable I'll be with the team here."

     Koutaro Bokuto held his hands on his hips, as he smiled widely. "That's exactly why it's the perfect idea!" He cheered. "Having the team over here for a group sleepover is the perfect way to distract yourself from your bummy emotions, and you'll get to spend some more time with them!"

     Yukiko rubbed her arm, glancing to the side. "I guess I have no choice then, hm?" She mumbled quietly. It wasn't that she disliked the volleyball team. In fact, she enjoyed helping them out when she could, and she did like being a manager, too. It was just sometimes the boys would get too loud and energetic, especially with Kou being the leader of crazy. It could be a little too much for the anxious girl.

     "Nope! They're coming tonight." Kou sighed happily, like he had never had sleepovers with them before. Although, this was the first one the Bokuto's were hosting. "Since Mom and Dad are gone, do you think you can cook for us?"

      Yukiko groaned quietly. "Fine. But you're buying me hello panda." Kou quietly cheered, with the girl rolling her eyes. "When will they be here, exactly?"

     "Oh, in about-" Kou was cut off from the doorbell ringing. "Now!"

      Yukiko knew she was in for a long night.

***

     "Uno!"

     "Oh, I don't think so!"

     "Onaga, is that what I think it is?"

     "Hell yeah! I've been saving it all around!"

     "DID YOU JUST HIT ME WITH A DRAW FOUR?!"

     Yukiko rubbed at her aching temples, her eyes closed. The Fukurodani Volleyball Team all sat around the small coffee table, many cards of different colors spread out around them. Shouts of protest left Kou's mouth, while loud laughter nearly muffled him.

     A headache was beginning to form from the volume, but Yukiko tried to ignore it. This was Kou's night for him and his friends, and she didn't want to ruin it for him. But, as the clock read two forty three, she wasn't sure how much longer she could take the noise.

     "I win!" Haruki Komi held both arms in the air, all his cards long gone. "You owe me ramen, Washio!"

     Tatsuki Washio wore his normal frown, as he held four cards. "Sure." He muttered. Yukiko realized he wasn't much of a talker, and that was fine by her. One less voice to listen to.

     "I was so close!" Kou lifted up his cards with a pout.

"Close to what?" Shirofuku snickered. "Close to taking the entire deck?"

     "Are we playing again?" Akaashi spoke up once the laughter calmed down. "Or are we going to do something else?"

     "What if we went on Omegle and talked to some strangers?" Komi chuckled. "I think that'd be fun!"

     Akinori Konoha gave him a look. "Dude, do you know how dangerous that website is?"

     "Party pooper." Komi's smile fell, as he stared at the ground.

     The group fell into a silence, all thinking of what else they could do. The plan was already set, as they were going to stay up as late as they could. The last person awake would be deemed the winner, and as a prize, they were to be given a week long break from cleaning up after practice.