Chapter Six

Another school day came and went, which Yukiko was thankful for. She was extremely tired, and even slept in a few of her classes. Unfortunately, she was caught, and was forced to clean the classroom on her own.

     It wasn't all bad, however. For lunch, she sat with Akaashi once more. She still couldn't look him in the eyes, despite how beautiful they were, but she didn't feel as awkward as she thought she would. It felt...normal. Yukiko was proud of herself.

     The girl stood outside, the breeze lifting up her braid a little bit. It felt nice, as the May weather was finally warming up more and more. Yukiko tucked a loose piece of hair back, and stared up at the sky. It was already five thirty, but the sun wasn't as close to setting as it used to be.

     "I can't take it anymore!" Yukiko was outside of the gym when she heard a female scream from inside. "I've been a manager since first year, but this is just crazy!"

     "Kaori, calm down." A different female voice spoke, much quieter than the other one. "I'm sure you're just tired, why don't we-"

     "No!" Kaori screeched once more. "I'm sick and tired of him constantly acting like a child! He's an amazing ace, but Bokuto constantly throwing fits on the court isn't a good look for us! It makes us look unfit to play games!"

     Yukiko felt her blood rush in her ears as she heard this Kaori badmouth Kou. Anger flooded her system, and without thinking, she whipped the door open. In an instant, heads turned towards her, and she caught sight of Kou.

     So, not only was she bad mouthing her brother, she was bad mouthing him right in front of him. "Would you mind repeating that?" Any sign of anxiety faded from the girl, a burning flame igniting in her chest. "I'd love to hear it again."

      The girl who she assumed was Kaori gulped. Her long, light brown hair was pulled up in a ponytail, and deep bluish green eyes widened. "Who...Who are you?"

     "I'm his sister." Yukiko spat. "Please, I would love for you to go on and on about how childish my brother is! So, continue. Tell me, what were you saying?"

     A dark aura flooded the room, and it leaked from Yukiko. She didn't care who was looking, for once in her life. The overwhelming urge to protect and defend her brother was stronger than her own fears. He had spent his life watching over her and keeping her safe. It was her turn.

     "You can't possibly tell me you don't agree." Kaori continued. "If you're his sister, then you should know how moody he can get! He's a third year, and the Number Four Ace in all of Japan, and he acts like a baby when he isn't passed the ball!"

     Yukiko took a few steps forward, and couldn't help but be pleased at the way Kaori took a step back. "Watch your mouth." The girl snapped. "The only childish one I see is you. Only someone uncertified for the manager position would lash out like this. If you had an issue with it, you would take Kou aside and talk to him alone, instead of embarrassing him in front of the entire team."

     "How dare you say that to me?" Kaori snapped back. "I'm your upperclassman!"

     "All I see is a bitch who can't handle a volleyball team."

"Ladies, ladies!" The coach walked over, placing his hands on their shoulders. "Look, we're all tired. It's been a long day, and we all say things we don't mean, and-"

     "No," Yukiko slapped his hand away, her eyes never moving from Kaori. "I meant everything I said. I have no idea who you are, but I can see right through you. You act sweet and innocent, until something doesn't go your way. You're nothing but a two faced bitch. If I ever hear you lashing out against my brother ever again, I'll beat the shit out of you."