Chapter 31: The City Comes Alive when We're Together

-Danielle-

I woke up the next morning and looked at the clock, wondering why the hell I woke up at 7am. I carefully got out of bed, making sure I didn't wake Jamie up.

"What are you doing up?" Ian asked from his seat at the table as I walked into the kitchen.

I jumped slightly, "Ian, don't do that!"

He chuckled, "Sorry, but seriously. You're just usually the last one up." I walked over to the cabinet, grabbing a small glass, then to the fridge and poured myself some orange juice.

"Don't know. I could ask you the same thing," I replied. He simply shrugged and took a sip of his coffee. "What's up, Keaggy?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"Nothing," he said.

"I've told that lie too many times," I stated bluntly, "I talked to you yesterday – you're talking to me now. What's going on?"

He sighed, "I just miss Maggie is all."

"We all do, but you'll see her sooner than you think," I said, trying to hide my smirk.

"How do you know?" he asked, looking up at me.

"Because I know the feeling of being away from someone you love more than anything for long periods of time," I replied.

"Right," he trailed off.

"Trust me, Ian. You'll be together before you know it," I smiled, patting his shoulder and standing up, walking back to my room.

"I heard you talking to Ian," Jamie said when I closed our bedroom door.

I jumped again, "What the fuck is with you people scaring me today?!" He simply laughed as I laid back down next to him.

He wrapped his arms around me and said, "You didn't tell him, did you?"

"Your lack of faith in me is concerning," I replied sarcastically.

"I'm just saying, you know how you like to talk," he chuckled.

"I also know how to keep a secret. Ian Keaggy has absolutely no idea that Maggie Eckford will be at your concert tonight, Jamie Follese," I smiled innocently at him.

He laughed, "Thank you for the clarification, Danielle Myers."

"You're welcome," I giggled before cuddling against him. "You're warm," I mumbled into his chest.

I felt him chuckled, "You know what else is warm?"

"What?"

"Coffee."

I looked up at him and rolled my eyes, "Way to kill the moment, Jaim."

I got up and Jamie grabbed my hand, "Where are you going?"

"Making you coffee," I replied, sticking my tongue out at him. He pulled my arm, causing me to fall back and land on him.

"I don't want coffee," he said.

"Well, what do you want?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"You," he whispered. I could feel my face getting red as I softly kissed him.

"You need coffee for the day we're about to have," I giggled, poking his nose, and getting off of him.

"Oh, really?" he smirked.

"Yup! It's gonna be a long day, baby," I turned around and winked at him before I left the room. I heard him laugh, making me smile to myself as I walked back into the kitchen to make our coffee.