Chapter 28: You Can Take My Heart if Yours Won't Beat

-Jamie-

"Jamie, where are we going?" Danielle giggled as I pulled her down the somewhat busy sidewalk.

"I told you already," I smiled.

"You said this was for our one year. You never told me where we were going."

"Well, we're almost there, so," I said, pulling her in front of me and covering her eyes.

"Jamie!" she whined.

"Nope, if you want your surprise, this is what's happening," I chuckled.

"But what if I die?"

"You're not gonna die," I laughed, "Don't be such a drama llama."

"You're stealing my phrases now, huh?" she smiled.

"Yeah, I've been hanging around you too much," I smirked.

"Well then, why are you dating me?!" she yelled sarcastically.

"Because I love you and you know it. Now shush."

"Rude."

"You won't be thinking that in a few seconds," I said, stopping her and uncovering her eyes.

"Jamie," she whispered, covering her mouth with her hands.

"Well, I know how much you love picnics and when I sing to you, so why not?" I smiled as I sat her down.

"Jamie Christian Follese is going to sing to me without me forcing him to?! Oh God, the world is ending!" she yelled dramatically as I sat down next to her. I rolled my eyes and chuckled, reaching into the picnic basket and throwing an apple slice at her. She picked it up and ate it. "I approve," she commented, "What else did you bring me?"

"You?"

"What else did you bring us?" she sighed.

I smiled at her, "All your favorites."

Her eyes widened, looking in the basket, "You put a McDonald's in here?" I looked at her and raised my eyebrow. She busted out laughing, "I'm kidding, Jaim. If you could really make that happen, more than just cuddling would be happening tonight."

She winked at me and I laughed, "I'll remember that for your birthday."

~

After we finished eating, we were laying on the blanket and looking at the clouds.

"You're on crack, Jamie! That one totally looks like a turtle," Danielle exclaimed, pointing at a cloud.

"It looks more like a dog to me," I shrugged.

"It's a turtle-dog. How about that?"

"A turtle-dog?"

"Well, you won't believe it's a turtle and it's clearly not a dog, but why not just compromise and say it's a turtle-dog?" she said, looking over at me. I smiled at her and she propped herself up on her elbow, facing me. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing. Am I not allowed to smile at my girlfriend?"

"Not like that, you're not." I sat up and she looked at me, raising her eyebrows.

"I know we said no presents..." I trailed off.

Danielle sat all the way up, "Jamie, you promised this wouldn't end up like Christmas."

"I know I did, but as your boyfriend, it's my job to not listen to you when it comes to getting you presents," I smiled.

"I didn't get you anything though. How do you think I feel when you buy me stuff and I don't have anything to give you in return?" she asked.

"You don't have to get me anything. All you have to do is say yes." She looked at me confused and I just pulled a ring out of my pocket.

"Jamie..."

"I'm not proposing," I chuckled, "It's a promise ring."

"But I already have one."

"I know, but the one you have is just in general. This one is for us and only us; Essentially to say that you're mine forever."

"Everyone already knows that though..."

She was still confused as I simply smiled at her, "It kinda has more meaning than that."

"Would you just tell me? You know I suck at guessing games," she grinned slightly.

"I know I tour a lot, so it would be hard for me to settle down. This is like a pre-proposal. I'm not actually officially proposing – not yet anyway. I just want to know that if I ever did, I wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of you saying no." I could tell she was speechless. I didn't blame her though – it was a lot to take in.

A few seconds passed by that felt like hours. I'll admit I was starting to feel like she was going to say no until I saw her bite her lip and a smile start to form. She leaned closer to me and kissed me.

She pulled away, smiling, "I would never say no, Jaim." I sighed in relief and smiled, replacing her ring with the new one. "Unless Niall Horan wants to marry me," she shrugged. She laughed at the look I gave her and kissed me again, "I love you, Jamie."

I shook my head and laughed, "I love you too, Danielle."

"So," Danielle said, admiring the ring on her finger, "How did you manage to get my ring size?"

"Mel," I replied simply.

"I really do tell her everything. I'm gonna have to ask her how that came up in a conversation," she giggled.

"You do that, babe," I chuckled.

"I will, thank you," she looked at me and smiled. I rolled my eyes again, returning the smile, and kissing her.

"Now about that song," I said.

"You're not backing out! You already mentioned it!" she yelled, pointing at me.

"I wasn't planning on it," I laughed. I grabbed the guitar and set it in my lap, then sang Forever Unstoppable to her.

When I finished, Danielle leaned toward me again and kissed me. I removed the guitar from my lap and replaced it with her.

She laid her head on my shoulder and sighed, "I remember when you refused to sing to me at all."

"I guess you bring out the confidence in me," I replied, kissing the top of her head.

~

Title: "Forever Unstoppable" by Hot Chelle Rae

Outfits:
Danielle: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=56686890