Chapter 14: I Must be Blind to Not Have Seen the Signs

-Melanie-

"Nash!" Ryan and I heard Danielle scream.

We looked at each other before running into the bathroom to find Danielle trying to keep Nash balanced enough for him not to get sick anywhere but the trashcan.

"If you get any of this shit on the floor, I will leave it there until you're sober enough to clean it up yourself, Overstreet!"

"Is this always what happens when you guys get drunk?" I asked.

"Pretty much," Ryan answered.

"Yeah, you're gonna have to not get drunk ever again because this isn't working for me," Danielle sighed, still holding Nash.

"Good luck with that, Danielle. Although, I don't think you'll need to convince Jamie of it. He looks like he's pretty much done," Ryan chuckled, looking at his brother who was leaning against the wall, holding his stomach.

"Shut up, man," Jamie mumbled.

"Oh my God," Danielle groaned, letting go of Nash, "Fuck it. I'm done. I'm taking a nap. I don't want to see this idiot until he's fully sober."

"A nap sounds good..." Jamie trailed off.

"Well, get your ass up and come on, cause I'm taking your bed," Danielle said, walking out of the room. Jamie stood up slowly and shuffled out of the bathroom after Danielle.

I chuckled lightly and turned to walk out of the room. I walked over to the fridge and as I opened the door, I felt Ryan wrap his arms around my waist from behind me.

"So why did you wait all this time to tell me we saved you?" he whispered in my ear.

I shrugged, "It just never came up."

"Seems like a pretty important reason to love me other than I'm your favorite member of the band," he laughed, tickling me lightly.

I smiled, turning around to face him and wrapping my arms around his neck, "How do you know you're my favorite member? Maybe I'm in love with Nash and I'm just using you to get to him."

"Because I know you'd never do that."

"You don't know me," I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"I know you well enough to know that you're doubting whether I love you as much as I say I do or not," he said, suddenly getting serious.

"I'm not doubting it," I said clearly, but mumbled the next part, looking down, "I'm questioning it."

"I don't want you to question it either. You don't need to. If I wanted to be with anyone else, I wouldn't have asked you out," he said.

I squeaked when he picked me up and carried me into the bedroom he shared with Jamie. I smiled lightly as I looked at Jamie holding Danielle closely to him as she slept, but I could tell he was still awake. Ryan threw me onto his bed, climbing on and laying next to me.

"Now, you are going to go to sleep and forget about everything that's happened today. Just rest up for tomorrow," Ryan said.

"But I'm not tired," I pouted as I laid my head on his chest.

"What if I sang you to sleep?"

"Maybe," I trailed off.

"Falling stars don't crash through your window..." he started singing and I almost instantly fell asleep.

-Ryan-

I chuckled when I noticed Melanie fell asleep after the first line of the song, but I kept singing anyway.