27. Relationship issues

Summary:

Reena and Isolina have a hard time figuring out what they want from each other, thankfully Asami's here to help.

——

A/N: Some drama and cuteness, plus some sort of angst foreshadowing at the end. (I mean, of course some angst, because why wouldn't there be?)

Enjoy!

Lion

Hearing her friend and her boyfriend chuckling was starting to annoy her a little. Actually no, she was already really pissed off and it had been quite a while now. Be the third wheel didn't suit her. Not at all! Especially since it wasn't originally planned like that...

She glanced at Isolina and the guy (because, even if she knew he had a name, she considered it too much of an honor to use it) who was clinging to her, getting even more irritated. He caressed her and put his hands where he shouldn't considering that she was next to them and that they were somehow in the street. (Well, she knew that the back of the Sato mansion was not necessarily very exposed, but still!) Isolina shoved him a little with a "Stop, not now" which was a little too jokingly for her taste.

What an asshole. She'd better kick him in the butt and never see him again. And if Isolina didn't dare, Reena would be happy to do it for her. But the thing is, he was her boyfriend, so she was theoretically not allowed to intervene. Except that it was starting to be downright unbearable for her, and she came to think of some solutions that she had dismissed for some time out of fear of hurting Isolina. But she wondered if it wouldn't be worse not to talk to her about it...

"Okay, I'll leave you two for a few minutes," the guy said. "I'm going to smoke a little."

"Ok," Isolina said, waving her hand as he walked away.

Then she saw that her friend was sulking a little, which she could understand.

"I'm really, really sorry, Reena! I swear, I didn't expect him to show up!"

"Not a reason to let him intrude on my time with you."

"He's my boyfriend, what did you want me to do? Send him home?"

"Yes! It would have saved me from having to put up with seeing him groping you!"

"He means no harm... He's nice."

"He's an asshole! What do you think he's smoking right now?"

"He's still a nice boy..."

"No, he's a drug addict and a moron. Do you plan on staying with him even after high school?

"I don't know yet. It's none of your business anyway."

"Of course it is! Ever since you started dating people, I feel that you've just wanted to mess around with idiots. Let's see, there's the one who cheated on you, there's also the one who tried to use you to meet your mothers, oh and let's not forget this one who can't spend more than two hours without his drugs..."

"Oh, right, because you pretend you can do better perhaps?" Isolina lost patience.

"Of course I can!"

"Well, that's funny because I haven't seen you go out with anyone yet, and we can't say that there are not like a bunch of people who would throw themselves at your feet."

"That's not..."

She had understood her wrong. She couldn't do better that way... Oh, and just damn it...