24. A Dangerous Encounter

Summary: In order to stop the organization from harming the little girl they love, Korra and Asami decide to trust a criminal. But that could be dangerous, both for them and Isolina...

A/N: Just so you know, the previous chapter was the first ending I imagined. But it felt... incomplete. Let's say that I had much more to tell, I loved the characters and some things weren't quite resolved. So, chapter 24 and the ones after focus a little more on details. They are like a huge epilogue. So, don't expect too much action, it's more like character development and some psychological stuff.

The name of the organization isn't quite mine (a guest on FFnet found it and I liked it) and no beta reading for this chapter.

Enjoy!

Asami was tapping the wheel, a chaotic and messy rhythm resonating in the car; it certainly reflected the state of her thoughts. She eyed out the window, looking a bit nervous, and the second after she eyed out her windshield before paying attention back to the window.

She sighed. She couldn't help feeling irritated by her own self, but she couldn't really bring herself to stop. Maybe it would be better to leave... No, she couldn't do that...

She growled.

"Do you even know that you look kinda creepy?" Korra said as she entered the car.

The green-eyed woman turned to her wife, frowning.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I'm watching you, who are watching our daughter on her first day of class. I assume you don't have any plan on moving from here at any time of the day?"

"First ever day of school, you mean. And I... I don't know. Maybe she won't feel well and will want to come back in the middle of the day..."

"Stop dramatizing. She's in the same class as Reena, everything'll be fine."

"But that's the problem! They are all two years older than she is! It could make her feel very uncomfortable!"

"Maybe, or maybe not. But you should stop worrying like that."

Asami uttered a vague sound of approval and began to look out the window, half slouching on her steering wheel. She watched the White Lotus guards patrolling the area.

"And then, if the organization..."

"Ah, that's what makes you worry?" the Avatar interrupted.

"And it doesn't make you worry, of course."

"They're not in Republic City anymore. We didn't arrest them yet, but it won't take long... They are too weak to attack us."

"That's only what you say..."

"I'm sure they won't attack her at school. It's too noticeable, it would make too much of a fuss."

The CEO just let out a huge sigh and continued to watch the street carefully. Korra could say whatever she wanted, there were too many parameters she couldn't control in this story not to be worried.

"I guess you're staying?" the Avatar eventually asked.

"I am..."

"Well, that's fine. If you're staying, I'm staying too. But if we're going to spend the day together, we could at least go for a walk from time to time."

Asami then turned to her, just to eye her.

"What? At least during lunch break!"

As an answer, the green-eyed woman just uttered a sound between sighing and grunting, and looked back through her windshield.