Chapter 26: I'm Gonna Love You Like I've Never Been Broken

-Melanie-

"Thank God that's over," I sighed, plopping down on the couch. Danielle and I had just brought the last few boxes over from our house to the band's and we were both wiped out.

"We still have to unpack everything, Mel," Ryan laughed, sitting next to me, patting my leg.

"Don't remind us, Ry," Danielle groaned, walking in and throwing herself onto an open seat on the couch as well.

"Oh, stop whining. You act like it was the most difficult thing in the world," Jamie chuckled, sitting beside her.

"Oh, whatever! You didn't even do anything!" Danielle said loudly.

"I carried boxes!"

"You carried one box, Jaim," I laughed.

"Yeah, and it was really heavy!" he exclaimed.

"Look, I know Danielle has a lot of shoes, but it really wasn't that bad," Nash said, walking into the room with Ian.

"I resent that!" Danielle yelled, pointing at Nash, "You have way more shoes than I do!"

"Besides," Ian started, "You guys live three houses away. It wasn't that long of a walk."

"Lived," I corrected him, smiling.

"And we were walking here with heavy boxes, Keaggy," Danielle said.

"You're just asking to be thrown over my shoulder again, Myers," Ian jokingly threatened.

"You won't do it, pretty boy!" she stuck her tongue out at him and stood up, starting to walk away.

"Why are you leaving me?" Jamie whined.

"I have to pee, Jamie. Do you have a problem with that?" Jamie groaned and Danielle simply laughed, "You asked, babe."

~

A couple hours later, Danielle and I were done unpacking and decided to go out for a walk while the guys worked on writing some songs.

"Who's that standing on our porch?" Danielle asked suddenly.

I looked over at the house we just finished moving out of and as when we got closer, we instantly froze and whispered in unison, "Oh my God."

We looked at each other and turned around, bolting back toward our new home, nearly breaking down the door when we ran in.

-Ryan-

We took a break from our songwriting and were just joking around when we heard a loud sound. Our heads immediately shot up and looked toward the direction of the door where Melanie and Danielle were standing with a look of shock just plastered on their faces. Our smiles immediately disappeared and I jumped up, rushing over to Melanie.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"He...and...our house...and..." Melanie struggled to say as her eyes started getting watery. I looked at Danielle, hoping she could answer my question, but she just kept shaking her head. Jamie grabbed Danielle and crashed her into him, holding her closely.

"He's back," she whispered.

"Who? Who's back?" Nash asked.

"He's back," Melanie repeated quietly, but then slightly louder, almost yelling, "Chad is back!"

I stared at Melanie in complete shock and Jamie asked, "What do you mean he's back?"

"We... We were walking around the neighborhood and when we walked by our house, he... He was standing on the porch," Danielle stuttered slightly.