1

My 'foll' eyes, which I first look at

your figure full of value, except those

who of you, woman, I acusaro in the

fiery place where Love holds court,

and keeping ahead he will show

that I was made your servant:

for what sighs and pain do I take,

seeing what fear he had in his heart.

Bring me quickly, without rest,

in one part there 'v' i 'I found people

that each was grieving with strong Love,

When you see me, all with dish
said to me: "Made if it is by this servant,
that you never hope for
anything other than death".

(Li my 'foll' eyes, which I first look at,
Guido Cavalcanti)

Beatrice Ridolfi stood in front of the large and bright window of her bedroom, watching her brother Cosimo talking to a young woman in the inner courtyard of the residence. She tried to understand what they were saying, but her brother scanned her quickly and she hid behind the long burgundy curtain, walked away from the window, touched the blankets of the four-poster bed, walked on the clean marble floor, in her room there was no a lot, a large chest where there was linen inside, the wooden ceiling was covered with a fresco by Botticelli.

Beatrice raised her face and examined all that art, smiled, a small curve appeared on her white face, opened her arms and began to spin, laughing. She was happy to be Florence, she had been in Venice until a few months ago, but her father's commitments led them to live here, in beautiful Florence, getting into society was easy, dear friends of the family in charge of the city, the Medici, they immediately found love and benevolence.

"Beatrice" claimed her elder brother, Cosimo, he was an intelligent man, he had a good and generous soul, and he was handsome, handsome as to drive all the girls of Florence mad. "Cosimo, who was that?" Beatrice proclaimed, walking around her brother. "These are things that don't concern Beatrice to you," he said, starting to tickle his sister. But their mother's voice interrupted them "Beatrice, come, the carriage is ready" the girl looked at her brother for one last time and then left the room dragging her green velvet dress. Her long blond hair that fell over her shoulders, was adorned with ribbons fixed to small light locks, her face was pale her lips and red cheeks stood out her beauty, she was wonderful and wonderful were her habits and skills , she was honest, she was dignified, she knew Latin, history, literature, philosophy, music, song, dance, poetry...

A carriage stopped in Piazza Santa Croce, the Ridolfis were waiting for the "joust" to begin, Beatrice then saw Simonetta Vespucci, a dear friend of hers, she was considered the most beautiful woman in Florence, she had married Marco Vespucci, and had arrived here in Florence a short time ago.

But before she said anything, everyone's gaze fell on the Medici. They got out of the carriage, one after the other, there was Lucrezia Tornabuoni, the matriarch of the Medici family, then Bianca, Lorenzo and Giuliano, the younger brother, got out of the carriage.

Cultured, elegant and cheerful,
Giuliano had made Beatrice fall in love, her heart was beating for him.
"Beatrice, what is bothering you?" The voice of the beautiful girl brought Beatrice back to reality.

"It doesn't bother me at all, Bianca has arrived, I'd like to say hello" Simonetta looked in the direction of the carriage, and Ridolfi headed for it followed by Vespucci.

"Good morning Bianca" The ash-blond young woman turned and hugged Beatrice lovingly.
"I have to tell you a lot of those things Beatrice" proclaimed Bianca as she looked at the most beautiful girl in Florence.
"You will do it tonight, ah Bianca, she is Simonetta Vespucci, a friend of mine"
The Medici looked at Simonetta with a kind air "I have heard a lot about you and your beauty" the girl smiled and looked at Cosimo who came in her direction.

"Madonna de 'Medici, I hope you cheer for me" the boy took the young woman's hand and kissed it
"desolate Cosimo, but I will always cheer for my brother Giuliano" a radiant smile appeared on the face of the eldest of the Ridolfi and on his shoulder the hand of handsome Giuliano.

Beatrice sought his attention, but he was as if enchanted by Vespucci.
"Cosimo don't introduce me to this wonder of nature" Giuliano kissed Simonetta's hand who blushed quickly.
"You are Simonetta Vespucci, Marco Vespucci's wife" Simonetta smiled "are you the Venus so much talked about in the city?"
He smiled again, but this time with his eyes spellbound on the Medici.
"You attribute to me qualities that I do not see in myself".
"Nonsense words Madonna Vespucci" Giuliano turned to the crowd waiting for the start of the "joust", "Madonna my victory will be secretly yours" after these words disappeared under the armor.
And the "carousel" began. Beatrice was disappointed, she felt a great sadness within herself, for the first time, Giuliano de 'Medici, one of the Medici children who were at the head of beautiful Florence, had avoided it.

Ridolfi joined her mother and father, and waited for the "joust" to end.

The Ridolfi family lost a lot on that day, Cosimo lost the "carousel" and the beautiful Beatrice lost hope in her handsome Giuliano.

Sitting in the chair in front of her, her majolica plate full of delicious dishes had not been touched, she was not very hungry.
In the large table two families had gathered. In front of the blonde girl was Giuliano, she couldn't lift her face from the plate, she didn't really know what to do.
"Dear Beatrice, you seem to be in a bad mood, what are you worried about?"
Lucrezia Tornabuoni put down the cutlery and looked at Beatrice, she returned her gaze.
"I'm just a little hungry, thanks for your interest Lucrezia"
"Imagine, you are like a daughter to me" The girl smiled and finally looked up at those present, looked at Giuliano, they looked at each other for a moment and he smiled, composed his lips to a smile, a beautiful smile.