6

That evening Beatrice was a guest at Palazzo Medici, and after eating she went to look for Giuliano who was in his room.
She knocked "is it allowed?"
"Of course Beatrice"
The girl entered the room, there was a bed in the center and Giuliano was lying on top of it.
Beatrice sat down.
"You know before I was thinking about when you took me to see the chapel, where there is the" Cavalcade of the Magi "do you remember?" He looked at her intently, stood up, took her hand and brought it back to that place.
Giuliano knew how much Beatrice liked that painting.
The first time he saw it they were just children.
"The first thing I told you was that the first in line, who was in charge, was Lorenzo" she looked at the boy with sweet eyes, Giuliano has always been second to his brother, and this sometimes made him feel bad, very bad.
"Then there were your father, and your grandfather Cosimo" continued the young woman.
"Our family is here to serve God, I told you this, and then you, you started looking for me among the painted faces"
Beatrice laughed "and I found you on the west wall, with the leopard"
"It is right that Lorenzo is there, I am not made for that kind of life, he is a superb man, he is a strategist, he is a man equal to many, wise and diplomat"
"And you Giuliano are stroverted, elegant, generous, joyful, and then think if you had been like him at this time you would not be here, you would have hated each other, you are totally the opposite of Lorenzo, you have a passionate disposition, you like them the pleasures of life, you are carefree, and it is not true that you are less than Lorenzo, you like music, dance, you like to write poetry, go hunting, you are a perfect knight, for me you are a prince, and this makes you honor, what you do outside of women does you honor, really "
Giuliano looked at her with thoughtful eyes, she was right, he wasn't just what he thought he was, he didn't have to feel inferior to his brother, he who was her best friend, her confidant, he wanted them a world of good .
"Giuliano ... is there anything we know about the ambush?" Beatrice brought the Medici back to reality.
"Beatrice ... these are things I shouldn't talk about with a woman"
"Please ... you always told me everything"
"They think it was a Venetian, soon we will find out who he is, in the meantime stay away from Palazzo Pazzi, I think they are underneath and not a Venetian"
"It's late, I have to go ... let me know anything and Giuliano be careful"
She kissed their cheek, and he gave her a little kiss on her forehead.

The day after
Giuliano and Sandro quickly entered the room where Lorenzo was.
"Then?" The Magnificent asked "we went to the tavern, where the killers were staying, there was this" Giuliano pulled out a small medallion on which was the Pazzi coat of arms.
"It's the emblem of the Pazzi, it was them, Giuliano was right"
"We have to go to the Priors," Giuliano said as he went out the door.
"Wait Giuliano ... we'll go to Jacopo Pazzi" Giuliano looked at his brother in disbelief.
"And why ever"
"Because if he is innocent, being able to prove it will tie him to our cause if he is guilty we will show the priors that we will remain impartial"
Giuliano just couldn't understand, they had tried to kill them.
"We want justice for what he did to our father, not for old Jacopo Pazzi"
"Giuliano if we want justice we should deal with justice" the three of them looked and quickly headed to Palazzo Pazzi.

Francesco and Jacopo were eating when the servants opened the doors of the dining room to the Medici.
They got up and went out into the garden.
"Well Well, it's the second time in two days that the Medici have honored us with their presence" said Jacopo, Giuliano looked at Francesco and vice versa, it hadn't gone down yet that Beatrice hadn't married him.
"The last time we met we argued for a woman" Francesco intervened against Giuliano who stood in front of them.
"Let's leave the past behind ... mh ... what do you think?" Francesco asked.
"... I say no ... Pazzi!"
Jacopo began to laugh.
"Now enough ... how can we help you" Giuliano remain fixed in front of Francesco.
"Sandro Botticelli and I ... we found it ... in the killers' room" Giuliano took the medallion from his pocket and showed it to those present.
"How did it get there?" He asked madly
"We thought you could tell us," replied Lorenzo.
"You will not think that I center with the ambush"
"Your locket was in that room," Sandro replied.
"It must have been Giuliano who put him there, to divert attention from his idiot father" at that moment Giuliano, who was from behind, took the sword from his sheath, Lorenzo tried to stop him, Jacopo stood in front of Feancesco and Giuliano caught the man in a graze but hurt him anyway.
Giuliano, repentant, tried to fix things "Messer Pazzi, me" but Francesco did not hesitate to call the guards.
These after the order of the Pazzi drew their swords against Julian,
"It was an accident, an accident" Lorenzo got in the way, and managed to stop them.
"Leave him brother, I prefer a night in handcuffs, at least the priors will see what people are the Pazzi" the guards took Giuliano away "they will hang you for trying to kill him" shouted Francesco "I will not be hanged" answered the young Medici.
Lorenzo and Sandro went out into the square.