14

Lorenzo left his room and as he reached the courtyard, passing in front of Bianca's room, he noticed that she wasn't there, so he entered the room.
"Bianca!"
"Lorenzo what is it?" The mother asked.
"I think Bianca ran away ... with Guglielmo Pazzi!" He said running out.
"Guard!"
"Find my sister and Guglielmo Pazzi and bring them back here, go!"
The worried young man continued.

At the same time Guglielmo and Bianca crossed the fields on horseback to an old farmhouse. They entered the room and when Bianca was about to undress to make love with the man she loved he stopped her.
"Bianca ... if we do this there is no going back"
"So we have to do it"
"It will ruin your reputation"
"A price I will gladly pay to stay with you"
"Ninth"
"I'm yours ... You are mine" After those poetic lines they started kissing again.

Ridolfi Palace
"We can do something?" Beatrice asked
"No ... we just have to wait" Giuliano replied
"But how did you think of it?" Replied Cosimo
"She is willing to go against her family for love, she is a brave woman, and this, even if it goes against the rules of society, does her honor!" Everyone turned to look at the girl.
"Beatrice, what are you saying?" The father yelled, banging his fist on the table.
"I would have done the same"
"Go to your room ... away" continued her father, Beatrice headed for the room, but did not go in, she went out the servants' door with a cloak and got on her horse.

"Madonna Bianca, your brother is very worried about you, I have orders to take you home" said one of the guards
"And I order you to step aside"
"You heard it, go away" Guglielmo replied and after the two words a guard attacked him.
"No, No, leave him!" Bianca screamed. Beatrice ran inside and saw Bianca in the hands of the guards and Guglielmo on the ground.
Beatrice initially looked at the scene. "I'm his wife leave him" Bianca yelled. "have stolen his virtue?"
"We are married in the sight of God" And again the guard hit him. "Enough...stop it!" Beatrice intervened trying to stop the guards beating Gugliemo and a slap hit her full face making her fall.
"Beatrice!" Cried the sister of the Magnificent.
Beatrice stood up in pain and a guard violently grabbed her arm.

From the girl's nose a drop of blood ran down her fair skin, the guard pushed her to the center of the courtyard of Palazzo Medici together with Bianca.
Lorenzo looked at her.
"Beatrice what happened?"
"She broke in and one of us accidentally slapped her"
"By mistake? You did it on purpose," replied Bianca.
Lucrezia, who was watching the scene, passed her a handkerchief. "Here ... is it hurting you?"
"No Madonna, thank you very much" Guliano also arrived and seeing the blood rushed on her.
"Who did this Beatrice to you?"
"Don't worry it's nothing"
"Whoever has been will be punished, come I'll take you home" Giuliano took Beatrice's hand and led her out of the palace.
"Beatrice because you never mind your own business, you risk hurting yourself"
"You're telling me that I don't have to care about your sister's happiness ... I'm not like you, I care about people's happiness and Bianca can't marry Soderini!"
"I say this for your own good"
"I prefer the good of others to mine," she said and then left angrily.

A few hours later
"Well, well, bring him here" Sandro was setting up his shop with other men including Giuliano. And Simonetta appeared right there. "Madonna Simonetta ... to what do I owe the honor of this visit?" Asked the painter. "Forgive me master ... they told me that I would find Giuliano De'Medici here" said the girl with an angry face.
Sandro turned to Giuliano who was arranging some bowls with his shirt half open and his unkempt hair.
He cleared his throat and Simonetta turned away.
"I have to talk to you in private" Giuliano moved to let her pass.
"You have something that's mine ... again!"
"I wouldn't want to bother you ... never ... I'm just waiting for Sandro to let us pose together"
"Never gonna happen"
"You're wrong ... I'd like to remind you that you kissed me" She looked at him, smiled for a second but then her face went dark again.

At Medici Palace
Lorenzo found Carlo in front of him. "Carlo what are you doing here?"
"The Pope rejected Gentile and appointed Salviati as the new archbishop of Pisa"
"This appointment must be prevented Carlo"
"I took the liberty of sending a message to Pisa in your name to prevent Salviati from entering the city, forgive me"
"A wise choice Carlo"

Pazzi palace
Francesco bandaged his brother's wounds and Jacopo arrived at the Palazzo after an argument with Lorenzo.
"Uncle ... please I can explain" but the man stopped him.
"It's done ... you will marry that Medici boy" the three smiled.
"My decision surprises you true ... come" he said opening his arms, the boy hugs him.
"Did I not welcome you into my home and I loved you as if you were my children ... the choice is yours Guglielmo"
"I have no choice" the uncle looked at his nephew
"I love her" Guglielmo then continued.
"Then you are no longer a Pazzi" on the boy's face a misunderstood expression fell, Francesco looked at the scene in disbelief.
"But remember ... the Medici will destroy whatever comes between them and whatever they want, whether it's you or this city ... come Francesco ... your brother is lost now ... let's at least try to use our votes to protect Florence" concluded Jacopo leaving the room followed by Francesco.

Medici Palace
"What?"
"You heard right ... you are now officially promised to Guglielmo" Bianca looked at her brother with tears but then a huge smile appeared on his face.
She stood up and hugged him.
She was crying with joy "thank you brother ... thank you!" He stroked her head and laughed.

palace of the lordship
Beatrice was sitting next to Lucrezia, Clarice and her mother, the agreement was about to be put to the vote.

Everyone began to vote, but the opponents were greater, then it was Feancesco's turn, the Medici already knew they had lost the agreement. They waited ... and then twist