Chapter 15 - Killing

There was a slight feeling of tension in the air. I was sitting next to Ink while he ate in the Mess Hall of the building. Guards were all around me. They had their guns ready to shoot and tranquilize me.

  No worker was expecting me to be acting like a normal person, especially around them.

Despite my efforts to make them see that I was like everyone else, I would still be feared because of the powerful weapon that I was and the catastrophic destruction that I could make with my two hands alone.

The only person that understood me and loved me was Ink, I loved him back for it.

  I was looking at my bands, which were active once more. Apparently the scientists get a message when the bands are altered in any way. Now I have to worry about the chemical again.

Ink: Ow.

  Ink's sharp voice pulled me out of my thoughts. Looking to my left, I saw that Ink's finger was bleeding. Black blood was trickling down his hand.

Me: Ink, you're bleeding. What happened?

Ink: The knife that I was using slightly skimmed my finger.

  I gently took Ink's hand in mine and observed his black, inky blood. Slowly moving Ink's hand to my mouth, I gently licked the blood.

  Rainbow blush dusted Ink's cheeks as he was surprised by my sudden act. He didn't pull back, he let me lick the blood off his finger.

Me: I don't have access to rubbing alcohol or bandages but I'd rather do this anyway.

Ink was silent and buried his face into his brown scarf. I noticed eyes staring at me, soon realizing that other people were watching Ink and I. A growl came from my throat.

Me: What? Ever seen love before?

The people watching us went back to eating their food. All of a sudden, there was a sound that echoed through the room. Ink stood up and I followed.

Me: What's happening?

Ink: Training. I may be drafted in the war but I'm not ready to fight.

He said as we walked out of the room and into the hallway. The guards followed us everywhere, which I completely hated. I was always in the fear of that dreaded chemical.

After a few minutes, we came upon a room made for people to train in. This was different from the three sided room that I originally found Ink and Jess in. Inside, I recognized only one person and that was Ink's friend, Jess.

Before I could walk into the room, I felt hands on my shoulders. It was the guards. I quickly turned around to force them to get their hands off my shoulders.

Me: What do you want?

Guard: It's training hour, which means you have to train as well.

Me: Then I can train in there.

I sneered as I thumbed to the training room.

Guard: There's a special room made for you. You're coming with us.

They said as they pointed a gun at my head. My face didn't alter as I wasn't scared of them. I could see that they didn't expect me to not be afraid. I sighed before using two of my fingers to move the gun away from me.

Me: Fine but if something happens to Ink, I'm destroying every single one of you.

I walked towards my training room after giving them a death glare. The guards followed me while pointing their guns at me. Without Ink around, they saw this as an opportunity to treat me without respect.

The ginormous room that I walked into was all too familiar to me. The floor was covered with dirt, the grainy stuff that stuck to my clothes. The structures were partial walls that allowed cover for people. This room was to recreate a small scene from war, I knew that.

For some reason, I already knew everything about war. From fighting tactics to scenery. All of it was programmed into me. Looking up, I saw the scientists watching me. They were standing behind a window, the thing that I used to be so naive of.

I felt my hands begin to tighten into fists. Hatred and rage returned to me. Without Ink, I was just a play thing to the scientists. I wanted to be with Ink, the one I love as he made me feel alive.

The lead scientist, also known as the father of Ink, spoke to me through a microphone safely behind the thick window.

???: Welcome back, Project-7834EQ.

  My gritted my teeth, I hated that name with burning rage.

  The leader didn't give any details of what I was going to be doing. All he did was motion his hand and fighters came running in through the opposite side of the room. The sound of gun fire made me go into alert.

Ducking behind a wall, I listened carefully for footsteps. When I focused, I accessed my ability of enhanced hearing.

'The scientists gave me everything, didn't they?'

Suddenly, to my left I heard very quiet footsteps. I waited patiently for them to reach me. When the corner of my eye caught the fighter, I quickly neutralized them by knocking them out. When I stood up, I sensed someone nearby. They came into my sight so I used my strings to disarm them.

I felt a pain in my arm. Moving my limb to look at it, I saw a tranquilizer. Rage filled me and I glared at the fighter. They realized that they made a grave mistake. My opposite hand pulled the dart out and dropped it to the ground.

Teleporting to the fighter, I wrapped my hand around his neck before holding him against the wall. This time, I aimed to end his life. My eyesight started to become blurry, letting me know that the chemical was starting to shut me down.

The fighter squirmed under my tight grip around his neck then, his movements finally ceased. I dropped his lifeless body to the ground and stared at his corpse with no emotion. The other fighters were terrified but immediately grew angry as I had just killed their friend.

Before they could hurt me, I used strings to defend myself. However instead of defense, my strings attacked the fighters. My weapons cut through their bodies which ultimately killed them. Their blood started to pour out onto the ground. No one was left alive, I didn't allow it.

Looking over my body through my blurry vision, I saw blood covering my clothes. Luckily I wasn't dressed in the clothes that Ink gave me. The blood of my enemies was a sign that I was no longer naive. Killing those who threatened me or Ink, made me feel good about my raw power.

Wrapping my strings around one of the corpses, I threw the corpse to the window where the scientists never stopped watching me. The window that was positioned at the highest point of the gigantic metal room. When the corpse fell back to the ground, I stared up at the window.

Blood now covered the wall but I could still see the face of Ink's father. For the first time, his face was a different expression. It was still its normal evil but... there was slight fear.

I was giving them a sign. It told them to not mess with Ink and I or they would end up with the same fate as the fighters.

However, my victory was short lived as my body was starting to give out as the Athenal Oxide continued to shut me down. By now my vision was extremely blurry and I was breathing heavily. I fell to my knees but I tried to stay awake. I couldn't resist the Athenal Oxide as it was too strong for my body to handle. Then...

I finally shut down